XVario Aperture question

hunterspoint

Yes; provided you select a wider angle on the lens zoom. Some people think of stopping down as setting a smaller diameter aperture. In which case you can stop down to more restricting apertures to increase depth of field or control exposure.

Edited by wda

Thanks. I am trying to do a macro shot using an old Elpro lens.  Have my lens at 70 but can only go as high as 6.4. How do I get more Depth of field . Would like get up to 16 if possible. Am I missing something?

i have no problem doing this on my CL Lens , Q  or M Lens .

sorry if it is a silly question 

On the X Vario, if you set the aperture dial at say f3.5, as I often do, the aperture will open to the fastest (most shallow DOF) setting for every focal length as you zoom from 28-70 (18-46mm in aps-c speak :)  You can however, zoom to other focal lengths including 70 and stop the lens to f 16 for greater depth of field. I hope this helps.

David

Not a silly question, that is what we are here for, to help.

I use my X-Vario a lot for close-ups, especially of equipment I have or am looking to sell. I use either the native lens, without assistance, or the Elpro V1a, or V1b.

For use with the V1a/b I use a tripod, and use no more than ISO400. I set the aperture dial to F11 or F16, to maximise DoF.  Shutter dial is set to "A", and usually I end up with a speed of 1/5th second or thereabouts.

I use the self-timer to reduce the camera shake when tripping the shutter.

Gary

Edited by gbealnz
Spelling