Luminar Software

5 hours ago, rob_w said:

Looks like I am the only one on the forum investigating Luminar at the moment.  Will soldier on alone and come back and report in a few weeks.  Thanks!

Robert

PS I do think it would be helpful to have a more organised discussion thread on the forum for alternatives to LR, since so many are doing it.  Perhaps organise with pinned threads for each major alternative: Luminar, ON1, RAW Power, DXO Photolab ...  That way experiences can be shared by multiple testers over time.  Moderators -- what do you think?

This thread is 5 months old.  I linked to other discussions regarding Luminar and alternatives.  You wouldn’t be the first to start a new discussion if you have specific,  current issues, especially as software iterations and options are continually changing.  

Jeff

Hi Jeff.  There are probably several threads and maybe other places in the forum even.  That's why it would be helpful to have one thread for each alternative.  Maybe I am in the minority but I'm just not happy continuing with Adobe.

On this particular question, Luminar replied that you can use the Adobe DNG Converter profiles.  I just have not had time today to follow that up.  I'm guessing that, since Luminar is strong on 'Looks' as they call them, specific profiles are not high on their agenda.

Well, I didn’t have any interest in Luminar or other non-Adobe software, but still easily found related threads as well as a host of other online info to help direct the OP.  Even a general Google search “Leica forum Luminar” brought up 5 Luminar specific forum threads and various related discussions. For me, the forum already has enough topic headings, but that’s me.  I sure wouldn’t rely on the forum anyway for making major software decisions.  Specific questions, however, are usually addressed quickly, provided there’s enough interest.  If not, then the subject probably doesn’t warrant a dedicated space.

I still like LR Classic CC, without any cloud storage.  The bundled cost with Photoshop is still cost effective for me.  But if and when Adobe forces cloud storage, stops support and/or significantly increases costs, I’ll be conducting my own search...including trial downloads.

Jeff