Leica Q flash compatible

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Billdad:

Can anyone advise on flashes  compatible with the Q, I am advised any Panasonic/Olympus will work. The Olympus FL36 looks nice ?

Only the Leica flashes SF 26, SF 40, SF 60 and SF 64  are fully compatible with the Leica Q (TTL). The flashes of other manufacturers can only be used in manual mode.

The flashes for the PanaLeicas have a different flash protocol and do not work either.

Flashes good for a Nikon will work manual - I use a couple of Nissins. If you want a small but relatively powerful ‘works in all circumstances’ solution the Leica SF40 is the one. I use it to fire the Nissins as slaves off camera. But my god the Leica flashes are expensive...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

27 minutes ago, Billdad said:

Many thanks, looks identical to the nissin I40 ?

I think it is, but with Leica software. You can’t just swap them though, because of the proprietary nature of the software. The nissin équivalent would only work if it’s a Nikon type and even then only on manual settings. The way my Leica sf40 ‘communicates’ with my Nissins is just plain old flash firing

Edited by antigallican