Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 — Major Problems

Guest Nowhereman

LR on my 2013 iMac has not experienced a single hiccup changing to CC Classic and the various updates ....... but I have always downloaded and kept my images in a separate location and 'import' files to the catalogue leaving the originals where they are, so my LR catalogue is just thumbnails and a record of processing changes. 

All the presets are where they should be (and were converted to XMP automatically) and links to PS/SilverFXPro etc work fine.

Recently changed to High Sierra with no bother ........ apart from some windows applications running under parallels hanging the computer repeatedly ...... but that is another story (10 days of torture, new versions of parallels and upgrade to win10 and weeding out old 32 bit apps that were the main culprits). 

• Like 1

I was having strange problems with LR 7.3.1: My M 262 DNG images would show unpredictable color shifts in the Develop Module—sometimes a magenta sort of over wash, sometimes cyan, this on a Mac running 10.11.6 El Capitan. I installed LR 7.3.1 on another Mac, but running High Sierra 10.13.6, and the problem disappeared. I want to retain El Capitan so I can continue using Microsoft Office 2011, so I reverted to LR 7.2, and now all is well. So, if you are having issues with latest versions of LR and running on a Mac with El Capitan, maybe upgrading to High Sierra will solve your problems. 

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like CC may end up costing more than the $10 monthly subscription, if you're running an "ancient" OS: https://www.dpreview.com/news/6803937117/adobe-won-t-support-older-operating-systems-with-its-next-major-creative-cloud-update

I'm sticking with LR 6.14 on Win7, mostly because it just works but also to avoid Win10's compulsory upgrades every six months or so. You used to be able to forestall those until a convenient time, but earlier this year M'soft were cramming them down your computer's throat whether you had them blocked or not. I know one guy that had that happen to him in the middle of a presentation (spoiler alert - he didn't get the job).

• Like 1

Thank you, Chuck, for the posting the link. Ancient indeed. I may get to know better Apple Pages, Keynote and Numbers and forget about MS Office altogether. The latest release of Office for the Mac seems to be getting terrible reviews. Makes going the High Sierra route and LR 7.4 a more attractive option.

• 2 months later...