LUF Book 2018 - "2022" Profit

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I won't share the Top 20 unless and until they agree to help fund the cost of the prints on the wall of the dealer.

If they cannot pay for the print, that is perfectly fine, of course, but I will then go down the list until I can get 20 people for the exhibition

Tonight will show who is contacted by you..... :D

Edited by Uwe M.
  • Like 1

OK.

Everyone with work in the Top 20 has now had an email from me (sorry Uwe!)

I have checked with Whitewall and they are proving pretty costly to print onto board, so I need to do some more research to find a good quality/cost compromise, especially as I need the photographers to pay for their own prints! Once I have found somewhere (others are looking on my behalf too), I will let the Top 20 group know. 

Once the prints are sorted, I will let you know more about the exhibition in Manchester.

Finally, for now, as soon as I receive the high res versions of the final shots, I can then start the book composition.

• Like 3

I have just emailed the 14 people who have yet to send me their high res shots for inclusion in the book.

I will send another chaser at the end of the week if necessary, otherwise, I will have to go further down the score sheet to get the 100 shots I need.

NS, Hendrik and Martin - you have had emails thanking you for your files this evening.

Thanks! Email received.

I am still waiting on four members who have yet to send in their high res images and who have not made contact since the request.

I have to draw the line somewhere, so I have given them 48 hours, before I have to go further down the list and ask for other shots to make up the numbers.

It takes a long time to put the book together and I will need to have a proof copy printed (which takes time) so that I can check a physical copy, before releasing the book for others to buy. We have a deadline to meet, with the exhibition in July, and that's not long away now.

• Like 7

I think the deadline you set in post number 27 for the return of photos was 22nd April. That's what I was working towards. 

I can feel smug because mine's already in ;) but some people might still be working to that, perhaps?

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am working on both now, but I’ve been on holiday for a fortnight.

It’s not a 5 minute job, collecting over 100 photographs, then setting them out into the book in a sensible order so that they read well, getting all the titles correct when sometimes the high res files are not titled the same as the low res ones, pulling together all the technical information, and so on. And all within the Blurb environment. The current version of Lightroom is nowhere near as good as the last time I did this, unfortunately.

Then I need to get a proof copy, make sure it’s all correct, and then when it’s right, I will let you know.

And there’s the day job too, of course. ;)

• Like 6

I am working on both now, but I’ve been on holiday for a fortnight.

It’s not a 5 minute job, collecting over 100 photographs, then setting them out into the book in a sensible order so that they read well, getting all the titles correct when sometimes the high res files are not titled the same as the low res ones, pulling together all the technical information, and so on. And all within the Blurb environment. The current version of Lightroom is nowhere near as good as the last time I did this, unfortunately.

Then I need to get a proof copy, make sure it’s all correct, and then when it’s right, I will let you know.

And there’s the day job too, of course. ;)

Thanks for the hands up; your effort is much appreciated! Looking forward seeing the book - and the photos that made it for the exhibit as well!

• Like 1

The biggest task is now the collation of all the contributors' names for each shot in order, together with the technical details of the shot (as far as I have them)

A copy/paste of a spreadsheet of the data is a starting point, but the data still needs to be recorded in the spreadsheet, of course.

• Like 5