Should I trade my SL for the M 10?

jimleicam3

After using the SL for the past 5 months, I am not completely sold on the idea of keeping the camera.  I started with an M3 moved to an M8 and a bunch of Canon gear.  Sold everything except the M3 and waited for an M10 which was delayed and delayed.  So last summer in need of a camera, coupled with the price drop, I went for the SL.  The SL is a nice camera, however, I only have M lenses and I feel that it is way too much camera when I can only use the M and A modes.  Used the 24-90 for a couple of days, but it is like carrying around a large brick.  Now Leica is offering a trade-in of the SL that I can apply to an M10.

So, do I trade the SL, or am I missing something about the SL?  On the forum pages, people are loving the SL, and find it way better than the M10.  I fear trading the SL and of course regretting it later.

Any advice would be great.  It would be cool to have both, but I can't justify having almost $12K in camera bodies alone.

Cheers

Every camera system made by Leica has its disciples; many love the SL.  Personally, the SL leaves me cold - it sounds like you are in the same boat. 

Of all the systems fielded by Leica, the M system is the system in my view.  The CL is an interesting little camera and is the only non M camera that Leica has ever made that made me look twice. 

JMHO but to me, the M system offers the best of everything that the good folks in Wetzlar can muster.  There are apparently more than a few photographers around the globe who concur.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1