CL - The Image Thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

CL + 60TL

The second photo shows my dedication to my art, captured by my wife. I must have been lying on the sodden moss for upwards of 10 minutes, trying to get the right combination of focus distance and aperture.

attachicon.gifC1000222.jpg

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2017-12-22 at 15.00.17.jpg

The Frits of your dedication are remarkable. Excellent job.

- Vikas

• Like 1

As I mentioned previously in another thread, I am having a hard time to find  the magnification feature on CL with my non-Leica MF (Nikkor) lenses,  via Novoflex, on top right wheel. All I have been able to do  is to magnify the image with the up/down arrow that is on the right side of the screen. I never had this problem with my T, and I was expecting it to work the same way on CL. I hope the future firmwares would correct this  issue.

But there is a very simple and frankly obvious solution for shooting  with my Nikkor lenses, using the up/down arrows, ( instead of the top right wheel) that I would like to share with anyone who may have the same problem with Novoflex adapter and Nikkor lenses.

When I turn the camera on, I first click on the the "arrow" to magnify the subject, then I hold the camera normally and focus with the MF ring. When my subject is in focus, I half push the release button to make the magnification disappear; I compose the focused subject and take the shot.

I just took a quick walk in the mall for testing, and and find It  a very simple and a very fast way to focus and shoot. I  wonder if this is not even better or faster than the top right wheel!

These tests are done with CL + 50 mm, 1.4, MF lens, via Novoflex adapter

p2688937863-6.jpg

p2688937861-6.jpg

p2688937862-6.jpg

p2688937865-6.jpg

p2688937864-6.jpg

Edited by Louis
  • Like 8

Magnify is rotation of the right hand top dial when you have a manual focus lens connected. 

Wilson

Yes Sir, you are absolutely right! ;)

But as I had mentioned it several times in other threads, I had issues to make the magnification work with the top right wheel  with my Nikkor lenses via Novoflex adapter. So, I thought it may be helpful to share my experience if someone else has the same problem. ;)

Edited by Louis

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

18-56mm @1250 iso .......Sammy and I shouldn't be here ...... we have been banned from the Churchyard as a result of Poo ........ both human and canine amongst the gravestones. As we are the only ones who ever go in the place the finger of suspicion has been pointed at us and we are currently persona non grata, despite protesting our innocence. Quite why they think I would crap al fresco 250 metres from home escapes me. So much for seasonal good will and the delights of village life ......

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 18

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As I mentioned previously in another thread, I am having a hard time to find the magnification feature on CL with my non-Leica MF (Nikkor) lenses, via Novoflex, on top right...

You managed pretty good pictures regardless!

- Vikas

Edited by vikasmg
  • Like 1

18-56mm @1250 iso .......Sammy and I shouldn't be here ...... we have been banned from the Churchyard as a result of Poo ........ both human and canine amongst the gravestones. As we are the only ones who ever go in the place the finger of suspicion has been pointed at us and we are currently persona non grata, despite protesting our innocence. Quite why they think I would crap al fresco 250 metres from home escapes me. So much for seasonal good will and the delights of village life ......

But you till got a beautiful picture :-)

- Vikas

What a sad story. Being banned from the churchyard.

...... particularly as what they have seen is clearly fox poo ...... the damn animal does it in our back garden as well .... in quantities that are surprising for such a modest beast. Unfortunately the church people have God on their side, whilst Sammy and I only have common sense as ammunition, so we will just have to lie low for 6 months till the scandal has blown over ......  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wynwood, Miami, at night

CL + 18-56

• Like 16

Now baby or children photographs are just not my thing and I usually have to be leant on to take photos of the grandchildren (for posterity?) but this one seems to have come out OK. 

Wilson

CL with 18-56 and SF-24D flash + diffusor and reflector. 

Edited by wlaidlaw
  • Like 14

Now baby or children photographs are just not my thing and I usually have to be leant on to take photos of the grandchildren (for posterity?) but this one seems to have come out OK. 

Wilson

CL with 18-56 and SF-24D flash + diffusor and reflector. 

I like the paparazzo (or Bruce Gilden) look! There are times when on camera flash adds something to the shot - it's not just a necessary evil.

• Like 1

Last evening.  Longboat Key Florida.  55-135 at 55; f/4 1/125 ISO 400

(The line on the right ride is an airplane)

• Like 10

CL+18TL.

Local industry, Coniston

• Like 10

attachicon.gifL1400717.jpg

Yet more truly wonderful work. I am in awe. Don Morley

• Like 1

Christmas Eve - pre-Tea Rosé Champagne on the Summilux 24 - very pleased :)

AWB, despite LED/Tungsten/Candle mix. ISO 1600.

• Like 17

• jaapv changed the title to CL - The Image Thread
  • jaapv pinned this topic
  • jaapv pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic