Monochrom lead time

marcg

The original Monochrom made its appearance at the very end of the M9 product cycle - nearly three years after the M9 began shipping and just a few weeks before the M240 was announced.

The M246 was a little better... it was released a little over two years after the M240 began shipping.

Leica might surprise us and release an M10-based Monochrom earlier in the the M10 product cycle.  Then again they could disappoint us by concluding that the MM/M246 have sufficiently sated that unique market niche and not release one at all.

All things considered I'd guess two years - round about January 2019 - is a reasonable bogey.

• Like 1

Really no point in waiting at this time unless there is old MM stock to move. There are enough iterations of amazing M digital cameras on new and used market that Leica doesn't gain much by delaying introduction and delivery. The M10 is actually so good that I think buyers will even consider buying both color and monochrome given resources. I know I am. I'm that impressed with M9 to M10 switch that I would purchase the MM if out now. In a year... maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

At minimum, Leica will wait till the M10 demand drops below their supply capacity, before offering a monochrome M10. I would guess, that they want to hit the point in time where most M10 buyers would also be willing to buy the monochrome version of it - so they have to wait until on average their financials have recovered :).

Peter

Edited by -ph-

Leica may surprise us as in past time: Monochrom, M Edition 60, M-A, M-D (262) just few examples.

So, I hope that Leica surprise us, soon, by one or more M10-Monochrom or even M10-MD (no screen).

In that case, my kit would be "ultimate kit: M10 + M10-Mx".

Now, with original Monochrom, I do feel that the progress in user-friendly has move one giant step in few years.

I bet for next year release of this M10-Mx, meanwhile I'm happy with what I use now :) .