Whenever the new M arrives, who's going to buy one?

Pedant alert....pet peeve....mascarpone, not marscapone.  [Mascar....rhymes with NASCAR]

My other one is turmeric, not tumeric. [Turr, not tooo ]

I hear these mispronounced in conversation about 90% of the time, including folks who specialize in selling them!

Breakfast does sound delicious.

Jeff

Good job it didn't involve porage or an omlet, both of which can be spelt (or spelled for US English users) in different ways. Just eat them. BTW, for British English spellers, spelt is also a fish and can be eaten.

So you could have a spelt omelette, or a spelt with your porridge. You would have difficulty having a spelled dish of anything unless, say, Harry Potter was involved.

Who cares ... so long as people remember that 'rumour' definitely has a U in it. Fleetwood Mac's album was Rumours. Ergo a fact, particularly as most of those albums were sold in the USA.

Rumors would never have sounded so good.

Am I off topic? No, because this whole thread is about rumour and gossip.

Good job it didn't involve porage or an omlet, both of which can be spelt (or spelled for US English users) in different ways. Just eat them. BTW, for British English spellers, spelt is also a fish and can be eaten.

So you could have a spelt omelette, or a spelt with your porridge. You would have difficulty having a spelled dish of anything unless, say, Harry Potter was involved.

Who cares ... so long as people remember that 'rumour' definitely has a U in it. Fleetwood Mac's album was Rumours. Ergo a fact, particularly as most of those albums were sold in the USA.

Yes you are. Because you didn't tell us what are you having for breakfast....or what you are drinking, depending of what timezone best matches your mood.

Hi Jayant, This morning I had porage oats, or porridge oats. Sod it, I had oats. Tea or cha, of course, followed by coffee or café. Timezone is GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on which all time is based. However, when I get up is based on 'me time'.

This now 'owl time' so goodnight. :) 

Those who think their aspirations for Leica products have not been acknowledged through the 'net might reconsider. The suggestions and wants of this list's constituency are bottomless, with the usual unrealistic wants. I am sure Leica has quantified the wants, many ill-considered but a few realized in production for better or worse. Leica's offerings are a successful effort to create rational products. Leica has produced models conceptually and functionally far from other digital camera makers, trying to accommodate potential user's wishes. IMHO some of their models have bent over backwards to satisfy a unprofitable vociferous minority.

Are you speaking to the less than one percent of Leica's customers who are here on the forum?

But we are the 'shrieking babies" :angry: .

But, as someone else recently pointed out, we shriek only in English or German. We have no idea what upsets (or pacifies) babies who shriek in Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Javanese, Spanish ...... who may be bigger markets for Leica (I have no idea) than we are. Just because we want something, it doesn't mean that that would be the best choice for Leica's commercial success.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

Interesting Facebook post by Erwin Puts. That it appears at this juncture may be relevant to the long gestation period of the M240 successor, now that rumour has it that it might have a significantly smaller body: (highlight by me)

Any electronic device, including Leica digital cameras, have to comply with the EDS (electrostatic discharge) rules. The issue is this: when an electronic device, like a sensor is in close contact with an electrical charge (which can be anything at this moment in time) it should be shielded from its influence. No one wants a sensor that is more heated at one side than the other (different noise levels would be the result). This is no easy task. One of the reasons why Leica has problems reducing the weight of the camera is this issue: a new body cap may not shield the underlying electronics and new electronics may not be shielded by older cover caps. This is a problem for design and development. This topic is hardly addressed by current reviewers, but is a major development issue. It was not an issue when cameras were fully mechanical and were loaded with film. It may be time that reviewers might address this item when discussing Leica cameras and their characteristics, because it is an important issue.

• Like 2

Interesting Facebook post by Erwin Puts. That it appears at this juncture may be relevant to the long gestation period of the M240 successor, now that rumour has it that it might have a significantly smaller body: (highlight by me)

"Body cap"? That doesn't affect weight. Does he mean body shell? or top plate?

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

No point in crying over spelt milk.

• Like 1

Spelt is also an ancient form of wheat, found in the "Good Book" (Exodus 9:32, Isaiah 28:25, Ezekiel 4:9). 

Aluminium is also pronounced with 5 syllables, not 4!

;)  :ph34r: