New Q3 arrived with NO battery?!

Scribblah

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Extremely frustrated. I just received my brand new Q3 and it's missing a battery. I went on every unboxing video and everyone's camera comes with a battery. I mean you'd think after spending $6,000 on a camera you wouldn't have to worry about that but nonetheless my camera does not include a battery. Every unboxing video I've seen they have five pouches and I have four. The box doesn't look like it was opened and the outer box had a sticker that wasn't tampered with. The Leica box itself didn't have a sticker and there are no finger prints on the camera so I have no idea what the heck happened. 

I bought the camera from a reputable camera shop where I've purchased other gear with no issues. The shop called their Leica rep who then called her boss to inquire and nobody seems to have heard of this happening. I guess I'm "patient zero"? 

The camera shop said they will be sending me a battery. 

Unfortunately this experience left a bad taste because now I'm sitting here wondering if there's an underlying issue with the camera and if I should be concerned with Quality Control. Has anyone here heard of this happening? Would you be concerned?  I'm beyond frustrated.  

• Haha 1

Isn't that overreacting a bit?  The battery was missing in the box - It shouldn't happen, but apparently it did. A battery was dispatched immediately. Problem solved...endof.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Scribblah said:

Extremely frustrated. I just received my brand new Q3 and it's missing a battery. I went on every unboxing video and everyone's camera comes with a battery. I mean you'd think after spending $6,000 on a camera you wouldn't have to worry about that but nonetheless my camera does not include a battery. Every unboxing video I've seen they have five pouches and I have four. The box doesn't look like it was opened and the outer box had a sticker that wasn't tampered with. The Leica box itself didn't have a sticker and there are no finger prints on the camera so I have no idea what the heck happened. 

I bought the camera from a reputable camera shop where I've purchased other gear with no issues. The shop called their Leica rep who then called her boss to inquire and nobody seems to have heard of this happening. I guess I'm "patient zero"? 

The camera shop said they will be sending me a battery. 

Unfortunately this experience left a bad taste because now I'm sitting here wondering if there's an underlying issue with the camera and if I should be concerned with Quality Control. Has anyone here heard of this happening? Would you be concerned?  I'm beyond frustrated.  

Settle down buddy, so someone left a battery out of the pack - it happens.. Your dealer is making it good.. Take the time to read the manual (online I would imagine) ~ Your lucky, they could have left out the 'Leica Look'   🍻

Edited by Indeepthought

29 minutes ago, Indeepthought said:

Settle down buddy, so someone left a battery out of the pack - it happens.. Your dealer is making it good.. Take the time to read the manual (online I would imagine) ~ Your lucky, they could have left out the 'Leica Look'   🍻

Well when you're wait listed and then it arrives you're like a kid on Christmas morning only to find out you can't play with your toy. I guess I'll go back to watching walkthrough videos and read the manual. 🍻

2 minutes ago, Scribblah said:

🤣 Too funny!

I mean wait list + $6,000 + no battery I think I might have to take you up on therapy!

You will need 50 hourly sessions. I can take your non-working Q3 with missing parts as a sign of good will.

• Haha 1

Just now, Scribblah said:

🤣 Too funny!

I mean wait list + $6,000 + no battery I think I might have to take you up on therapy!

In the next few Posts, someone will say:- Box arrived sealed, on opening -Battery in box but No Camera 🫣 BestBuy at one time had a spate of opened/resealed Apple boxes with the item missing and a piece of cement/brick to make the weight, imagine how surprised the customers were on opening the boxes..

1 minute ago, Indeepthought said:

In the next few Posts, someone will say:- Box arrived sealed, on opening -Battery in box but No Camera 🫣 BestBuy at one time had a spate of opened/resealed Apple boxes with the item missing and a piece of cement/brick to make the weight, imagine how surprised the customers were on opening the boxes..

I've heard of computers getting "bricked" but didn't know it was literal...

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Isn't that overreacting a bit?  The battery was missing in the box - It shouldn't happen, but apparently it did. A battery was dispatched immediately. Problem solved...endof.

Overreacting to paying $6,000 , not getting a battery and then wondering if you should feel concerned about QC? I don't think so. I mean shit happens but I think my feelings are justified, but hey maybe that's just me. 🤷‍♂️

34 minutes ago, Scribblah said:

Well when you're wait listed and then it arrives you're like a kid on Christmas morning only to find out you can't play with your toy. I guess I'll go back to watching walkthrough videos and read the manual. 🍻

Strange. I don't regard a 6000$ camera as a toy... I must confess that I don't feel like a kid at Christmas in such cases, more like an adult happy to have risen to the top of the list. Normally I wait till the scramble for the newest brightest decoration in the Christmas tree has settled down and then make a buying decision. Avoids bruising and black eyes like yours from the fisticuff at the head of the queue.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Strange. I don't regard a 6000$ camera as a toy... I must confess that I don't feel like a kid at Christmas in such cases, more like an adult happy to have risen to the top of the list. Normally I wait till the scramble for the newest brightest decoration in the Christmas tree has settled down and then make a buying decision. Avoids bruising and black eyes like yours from the fisticuff at the head of the queue.   

Sounds good. 👍

Hey just curious,

when I bought the Q2 I ordered it with 2 batteries. 
Every single camera I ever ordered, with exception of the Olympus Om2 and Om3 I ordered with 2 batteries. 
The camera is so expensive that it make me crazy if it’s shut down. 

And I hope you have fun with the camera. 
Show us some pictures. 

cheers 🥂 

• Like 1

So before you posted you had the solution in hand that would put the issue to bed, but I guess you were looking for some sort of emotional retribution,... which isn't going to happen.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 250swb said:

So before you posted you had the solution in hand that would put the issue to bed, but I guess you were looking for some sort of emotional retribution,... which isn't going to happen.

Emotional retribution? Wtf. I simply asked as a new owner if this has happened to anyone and if I should be concerned. Not sure why you have a stick up your ass over me asking a question and giving my experience.