Leica Q Firmware 1.1 has been released

Feudal1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

To be safe, I downloaded my images, formatted the card in the camera, put the SD into the computer to upload the firmware update and then back to the camera to update. I also formatted the card again after the update was complete.

You can use a new card, but if you plan on using a current SD that has images that are important it is better safe than sorry to download them first.

Adam

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I am seeing quite an improvement in the banding issue at all iso's but will need to test further. From some shots I took in a dark Pub last night at iso 2000 and today at base and iso 500 I am seeing little to no banding in shadow and underexposed areas when pushed in Lr6. Anyway if after further testing this proves to be the case I will be more than happy.

Edited by viramati

Just upgraded to firmware 1.1 and had a strange issue.

Formatted the SanDisk 32Gb Extreme Pro (95MB/s) in the Q then mounted it (Internal reader) on a MacBook Pro (OS X Yosemite V10.10.5).

It would only allow me to “Read” the card and not write to it.

I put the card back into the Q and took a pic. Then mounted the card back into the MacBook Pro and now could read and write.

Weird.

Well done Leica

On further testing I have found the 1.1 has basically solved the banding issue in shadow/underexposed areas. I find that up to iso 3200 I can pull detail to of the shadow area with no sign of banding. At iso 3200 it can just about be seen if you really look. At iso 6400 I can se it a little more but it is still acceptable. This is a major improvement to the cameras performance as at the end of the day it is the image that counts and this improvement to the IQ is WOW  :). Thank you

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well done Leica

On further testing I have found the 1.1 has basically solved the banding issue in shadow/underexposed areas. I find that up to iso 3200 I can pull detail to of the shadow area with no sign of banding. At iso 3200 it can just about be seen if you really look. At iso 6400 I can se it a little more but it is still acceptable. This is a major improvement to the cameras performance as at the end of the day it is the image that counts and this improvement to the IQ is WOW  :). Thank you

I can tell exactly the same. Really tried hard to find any banding.

Is it just me or is the auto white balance much more accurate with v1.1?

Even at ISO 3200 you have to zoom to find a little of banding.

Happy to see this improvement.

The only three things, I don't like on this camera, and I'm not the only one thinking this, can be corrected by firmware updates:

- Turn ON/OFF, LCD or EVF.

- DNG Only option (like Leica M files)

- Lossless DNG compression (like Leica M files)

Leica? If you're there. Can you please make this camera perfect? You're 95% there! Thanks.

• Like 2

agree!!!

Even at ISO 3200 you have to zoom to find a little of banding.

Happy to see this improvement.

The only three things, I don't like on this camera, and I'm not the only one thinking this, can be corrected by firmware updates:

- Turn ON/OFF, LCD or EVF.

- DNG Only option (like Leica M files)

- Lossless DNG compression (like Leica M files)

Leica? If you're there. Can you please make this camera perfect? You're 95% there! Thanks.

• Like 1

?  I see a mono image in both viewfinder and lcd screen.   A half press makes no difference.  I do use back-button focus.  Don't know if that changes anything.  1.1 has not changed anything in that respect.

Ahhh, I see.  Hit the "set" button.   It cycles the display mode and one of the modes is color.

• Like 1

?  I see a mono image in both viewfinder and lcd screen.   A half press makes no difference.  I do use back-button focus.  Don't know if that changes anything.  1.1 has not changed anything in that respect.

Ahhh, I see.  Hit the "set" button.   It cycles the display mode and one of the modes is color.

Thanks

Hitting SET button worked...Thanks :)

Since upgrading to 1.1 I am seeing a strange problem where the camera switches to EVF view only on its own and will not let me switch it back to the LCD unless I pull the battery.  Anyone else encountered this behavior?  I tried pushing different buttons, ½ press of shutter, etc., nothing seemed to work.  It happened several times.  Seems to be ok since last battery pull but will test more today.

Since upgrading to 1.1 I am seeing a strange problem where the camera switches to EVF view only on its own and will not let me switch it back to the LCD unless I pull the battery.  Anyone else encountered this behavior?  I tried pushing different buttons, ½ press of shutter, etc., nothing seemed to work.  It happened several times.  Seems to be ok since last battery pull but will test more today.

Did update yesterday. As off now, no such issue.

i think the AWB settings have improved. 

Well done Leica

I can confirm that banding improved a lot. I loaded the update a few days back without any problems in just a second.