Firmware update won't copy to card.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Silly me! The problem I mention below may hit others and it has a trivial solution: UNLOCK THE SD CARD

I followed the instructions in an email to download the latest firmware update "LEICA M FIRMWARE – Version 2.0.2.5 ". I downloaded the update and the instructions pdf. As instructed, I formatted my SD card and loaded that into my computer, a MacBook Pro, using the SD card reader integral to the computer. When I try to move the update file "M_240-2.0.2.5.FW" into the top level of the card, I get a symbol showing that it can't be moved (the international Do Not Enter symbol). When I try to download the file directly into the card, the download proceeds and finishes, but nothing is on the card. Just to be sure of that, I inserted the card into the camera and turned it on as per the update instructions, but was told the file wasn't there. Any ideas how to fix this problem? I successfully did the previous firmware update with this same computer. Is there a problem because it's a Mac?

Edited by rajahornstein

Yeah...This is becoming infuriating to me at this point. I've got the "M_240-2.0.2.5.FW" file in what SHOULD be the top level of card....There's the DCIM folder, and this file sits right underneath it....turn on cam, Nothing happens...no prompts. Reformatted, added file to the DCIM filer itself....sits right under the Leica100 or whatever it is folder....insert into cam, turn on....no update prompts. Finally, reformat it again, stick the M_240-2.0.2.5.FW file into that "---100" folder....restart....still nothing. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yeah...This is becoming infuriating to me at this point. I've got the "M_240-2.0.2.5.FW" file in what SHOULD be the top level of card....There's the DCIM folder, and this file sits right underneath it....turn on cam, Nothing happens...no prompts. Reformatted, added file to the DCIM filer itself....sits right under the Leica100 or whatever it is folder....insert into cam, turn on....no update prompts. Finally, reformat it again, stick the M_240-2.0.2.5.FW file into that "---100" folder....restart....still nothing. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using the .upd file?

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/155372-instructions-for-updating-leica-camera-firmware/

Jeff

Do you press the info button whilst switching on the camera? That is essential. Nor should the file be in the DCIM folder. In fact, the folder should not even be there as you are supposed to format the card before copying the update file (but in practice it does not harm)

Do you press the info button whilst switching on the camera? That is essential. Nor should the file be in the DCIM folder. In fact, the folder should not even be there as you are supposed to format the card before copying the update file (but in practice it does not harm)

Jaapv, You the man (or lady)...whichever applies! I missed the info button part. Says its doing the update now. :)

EDIT: We're all good!

Edited by Fast_Glass