LeicaHasselblad

cpyu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So you've bought yourself a camera even though you clearly think it does not meet your needs. What is there to say? Clearly, we're not going to discuss your needs.

However, there's no need to call other members with different needs or a different perception "Fanboys".

Couldn't agree more. There's all the difference in the world between the terms "fans" and "fanboys", the latter with quite offensive overtones, which of course Rand knows perfectly well, and I myself take a degree of offence at its use.

• Like 2

Typical fanboy replies. No one said boo about adjustable diopter being left out. All major digital cameras have had diopters for DECADES in their cameras.

I don't think you get it. Any diopter, fixed or variable, puts at least one extra lens element into the precision train between subject and eye that is the viewfinder/rangefinder, which will inevitably degrade the visual transmission path to some degree. Nailing focus with a Noctilux in low light is hard enough as it is so I don't want to have extra glass elements in the train that don't need to be there and I can screw them on if I ever need them and accept the compromise then.

Also not everybody finds the M like a bar of soap. etc etc.

Pete.

• Like 3

Typical fanboy replies. No one said boo about adjustable diopter being left out. All major digital cameras have had diopters for DECADES in their cameras.

No one said boo about the slippery bar of soap the naked Leica is.

It has spurred a bunch of different doohickie's to be produced, some by Leica itself to help you hold on to the little critter.

Gee Rand, maybe you should calm down a bit. Take an anger management class. Or Tai Chi. The nastiness will raise your blood pressure and you could have a stroke. Here's a radical thought: Get out of the house and go try to take some photos with that Leica you hate so much. It might relax you. Or sell it, and go over to a Sony forum where you will probably also complain with an ugly nasty tone.

• Like 1

Yeah by the time you have added stuff that Leica left out like diopter adjustment, add a Thumbs Up so you can hold the slippery bar of soap, EVF so your tired eyes can focus and something that allows off camera flash - you have a real hodgepodge. For a company that thinks its gods gift to photography they are pretty tone deaf.

For those that say "There will always be Leica", suggest you go talk to buggy whip companies, whale oil lamp companies and ask Kodak for some film.

Damn shame they are so dumb. But hey! The just opened a boutque in Austrailia, that should solve everything :)

I does not sound like you are very adept at researching your prospective purchases before you buy....:rolleyes:

I've a feeling they are one of the same which would make Rand a rather fine photographer.

Nope, no relation at all.

The "fans" that think Leica can do no wrong can stay in their bellybutton navel gaze mode all they like.

How about Leica stops opening their stores all around the world and spends some funds on repair services so the wait times are shorter?

Again - can ANYONE point me to the focal plane marking on this wonderful bar of soap? I mean the Leica is perfect, so it must be there somewhere.

Love the glass, not the holder.

End of story.

Nope, no relation at all.

The "fans" that think Leica can do no wrong can stay in their bellybutton navel gaze mode all they like..

One of your mistakes is that you claim 'we' think Leica can do no wrong. That is so far from the truth that I wonder if you have ever experienced it. Incidentally, being a fan of Leica, or more accurately, a user, I have made a very good living from shooting a 'bar of soap' to capitalize on your derogatory turn of phrase.

How about Leica stops opening their stores all around the world and spends some funds on repair services so the wait times are shorter?.
That may be a good point, but let me state that from here in Australia (the 'back' end of the earth) I have had a full rebuild of an M9 + Noctilux done in Solms and returned inside 4 weeks! One must be prepared to take some responsibility for expediting some things in life. It works.

Again - can ANYONE point me to the focal plane marking on this wonderful bar of soap? I mean the Leica is perfect, so it must be there somewhere.
It could be quite useful for washing your mouth out! :D;)
  • Like 1

Yet another forum member falls to the insidious affliction of RPD - and it took only six posts... :rolleyes:

RPD? No I am not on a Raw Paleolithic Diet.

Have no idea what your trying to say - with such a short comment you could have just said it.

I still find it fascinating that no one has answered as to where the focal plane marking is on a M240.

The camera is perfect according to those here, so it must be there somewhere, so where is it?

Love the glass, not the container.

The camera is perfect according to those here, so it must be there somewhere, so where is it?

Some people think the camera just perfect, some think it good enough for the purpose, some think it deficient in some respects. Your post exhibits all signs of trolling. Please don't.

I just had a look. My M6 has the mark and neither the M nor the M2 have it. The Minox C, the Rolleiflex, the Iskra, the CL, the Leica II and III: none of those have the mark.

If the mark is so important, why did you buy the camera which is clearly deficient for your purposes?

• Like 3

RPD? No I am not on a Raw Paleolithic Diet.

Have no idea what your trying to say - with such a short comment you could have just said it.

I still find it fascinating that no one has answered as to where the focal plane marking is on a M240.

Love the glass, not the container.

This is getting tiresome.

No camera is perfect.The Leica M240 is not perfect. No-one here has claimed that it is perfect. It hasn't got a focal plane marking on it.

Happy now?

• Like 1

… I still find it fascinating that no one has answered as to where the focal plane marking is on a M240. ...

It sounds like you're easily fascinated. As you're doubtless aware the M doesn't bear its focal plane marking on its top plate although that doesn't devalue the camera for me since I have no interest in panoramic shots and have no use for it. YMMV of course.

I don't recall anyone here voicing the opinion that the M is perfect so I'm not sure where you got that from.

Pete.

• Like 1

Given what seems to be a ton of people who prefer live view to the rangefinder, I wonder why Leica hasn't yet made an M minus the range-viewfinder, with just live view on the LCD plus provision for the EVF. A modern-day MD, priced a couple thou lower than the M. It just seems tragic that people who's eyesight precludes getting good results with the rangefinder find themselves forced to pay a dear premium for something they can't put to proper use.

Hum... not a silly idea... but without the VF/RF there would be "unuseful space" to spare. (an M with the look of MD would be unpleasant to see) and this could bring to two possibilities :

1) Re-design a body - lower - which would mean to re-engineer all the internal assembly, a significant investiment... de facto, a new camera to design and industrialize.... a sort of X1/2 with FF and M Mount...

2) Integrate the EVF into the current top, keeping about the current global sizing : maybe this could mean not to redesign the internal assembly... but they had to deal with a manufacturer of EVF in a much more complex way (a component to integrate, not an accessory to resell with just a bit of branding)

At the end... I think they won't do it, at least on a M-line camera... at its times, the MD was mainly a lab-camera.... of course it could be considered also as a lower priced M for Visoflex usage, but I think that very few pwople bought it for this purpose.

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Coming back to the OP.... I quickly jumped to the "me too" using what I have... :cool: (it fits !!! Less nicely than the Hassy one, and securing it is another matter....)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Coming back to the OP.... I quickly jumped to the "me too" using what I have... :cool: (it fits !!! Less nicely than the Hassy one, and securing it is another matter....)

Cool - you just have invented the Rolleica. I'm off to find mine .....