HK-Island - Stanley evening sight

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Late september I was in Hong Kong for a fortnight and we could explore many locations. Stanley is a place with an English tradition in the south of HK-Island. After a hot and exciting day it was a welcome place to relax,have dinner and then going back to our hotel on Kowloon.

This picture was taken just after sunset, a rising moon here is vanishing behind a hill.

Pano out of 2 pictures, Olympus OM EM 5 with Elmarit R 60 mm.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

just beautiful, Iduna. I love the spectrum of colors that you have captured, particularly the detail in the sky.

This brings back memories of New Year's eve of 1999 (going into to 2000) when my immediate family wa in HK for the evening. We had a wonderful evening at the Regent Hotel and I remember my late Father, who was a photographer, obsessively photographing the views of the main Island, which were illuminated with neon dragons and other designs.

It is a very photogenic city!

Hope you had a pleasant trip

Best,

Adam

Adam,

many thanks. nice that his pictures evokes memories. Yes, HK was really a mind opener. We did some hiking trails and explored the fantastic nature around always in connection with the stapled urbanity behind. The city is very attractive in many aspects and provides a lot for a photographer to capture. I'll show more now.

• Like 1