135mm or 90mm

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
Hello Jeff,

Yes, much of what people want to talk about or learn about is available in the search box.

Does that mean that no one is allowed to ask questions? Or that there is a set of criteria for asking questions?

What about people who, for whatever reason, can't find something? Why discourage them. Some people are just not that good at finding things. Why penalize them?

No one says anyone here has to read or answer anyone else's questions.

Sometimes what people are looking for is perspective to go along with information.

Sometimes they are simply looking for a friendly conversation about an enjoyable topic.

This Forum, like many Forums, is participated in for a variety of reasons.

Best Regards,

Michael

Thank you Sir.

Jeff is one of these guys that hides behind his computer screen and digs at anything and anyone..............he is now on my ignore list.

I do like to ask questions even though I might have already made my mind up before hand.......... its just the way I am. Saying that I have also though about doing this or that and changed my mind later due to the responses that I have got back from this or other forums

Anyway thanks again for your imput.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
I've both lenses, the 135mm I just bought about a week ago. For portrait I prefer the 90mm. My suggestion: start with the 90mm and then buy the 135mm as well. :D

Here are some shots from today that I did with the 135mm:

14825117219_8c447be548_b.jpgZürich

15011469232_66afe5738c_b.jpgZürich

14988847506_460fde69a7_b.jpgZürich

Fantastic...........were these taken on a Monochrom or did you do the B&W conversion yourself?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Jeff is one of these guys that hides behind his computer screen and digs at anything and anyone..............he is now on my ignore list.

And just a short while ago you were thanking me, like many times before. :rolleyes:

Asking about whether to buy a lens, when you said you bought it the month before, deserved the comment.

Dee got it right.

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
Oh, did I already post this?

Funny how Neil ignored it (click on red link)….prior to honoring me on his ignore list…a silly concept anyway.

Jeff

See there you go again.

Just to put the record straight "I never mentioned once" that I had bought the 90mm in the thread that you tried to use to slander me off...........all I said was that "Got a great deal for both a new MM and New 90mm APO" which I do, and they will both be with me sooner rather than later.

95% of threads on forums are people asking questions, asking for help blabalbla

:D

Neil, that's interesting....what percentage do you think are questions asked merely as an attention getting exercise?

I'm sorry if I come across as nasty or seem to be sniping at you "from behind my computer screen" and I am certainly not saying questions should not be asked......but in just the past few weeks you have posted queries on: tips on the best places to shoot in a particular country, twice for that one I think.

Next was: where in the world to shoot best for b&w? Then: should you buy a particular camera? Next: which lens to put on it?....and (grossly overdone topic) what camera bag to put it in? Finally this post: which "long" lens to choose? Have I missed any?

I just don't think you are that naive and indecisive.