Reskining my M3 - looking for Hermes Orange...

Mine was packed between stiff cardboard as well but the package took a real serious hit… See the below photos…

Jeff

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Pretty good timing - just received a reply yesterday from Aki-Asahi and the replacement package arrived today. I also bought an orange kid leather kit from Camera Leather that only took about 2 weeks order to delivery.

I'm opting for the orange for now - looks nice!

• Like 1

Pretty good timing - just received a reply yesterday from Aki-Asahi and the replacement package arrived today. I also bought an orange kid leather kit from Camera Leather that only took about 2 weeks order to delivery.

I'm opting for the orange for now - looks nice!

Good to hear you got there in the end. Post a pic as soon as. :)

Just received my M3 back from Youxin Ye after a CLA and re-skinning. I know folks may not like the color, but I'm tickled! I think it came out great!!!

A huge thank you to Youxin for a super fast turnaround time of less than 2 weeks and to Morgan from Camera Leather for getting this custom color kid leather also in less than 2 weeks time.

Both services were great with their communication and answered all of my silly questions without pause... I couldn't be happier with the quality of the workmanship from both of them.

• Like 6

Just received my M3 back from Youxin Ye after a CLA and re-skinning. I know folks may not like the color, but I'm tickled! I think it came out great!!!

A huge thank you to Youxin for a super fast turnaround time of less than 2 weeks and to Morgan from Camera Leather for getting this custom color kid leather also in less than 2 weeks time.

Both services were great with their communication and answered all of my silly questions without pause... I couldn't be happier with the quality of the workmanship from both of them.

Top job.

A stealthy street shooter if ever I saw one. Sorry, not stealthy. :o

Enjoy.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I really like the look of the orange in both the Hermes version and your camera.

I am considering having mine done in a similar fashion.

Cameraleather.com warns that this colour might not be suited for heavy use / sweaty hands / humid environments.

How is yours holding up and how (much) are you using it?

• Like 1

I really like the look of the orange in both the Hermes version and your camera.

I am considering having mine done in a similar fashion.

Cameraleather.com warns that this colour might not be suited for heavy use / sweaty hands / humid environments.

How is yours holding up and how (much) are you using it?

So far so good but I didn't intent this to be a daily driver to be honest, so 1/2 dozen rolls so far... Based on Morgan's comment I opted to buy a Zhou 1/2 case to keep the camera in just to be safe… The orange really does pop and that's what I wanted. If you're looking to go stealthy, it's definitely not the color to chose :p

Very happy with the quality of cameraleather's skins.

• Like 1

So far so good but I didn't intent this to be a daily driver to be honest, so 1/2 dozen rolls so far... Based on Morgan's comment I opted to buy a Zhou 1/2 case to keep the camera in just to be safe… The orange really does pop and that's what I wanted. If you're looking to go stealthy, it's definitely not the color to chose :p

Very happy with the quality of cameraleather's skins.

Thanks for answering so quick!

I carry mine nearly every day and I do not want to use a case.

Haha, pop is what I'm looking for! :D

• Like 1