Leica MP stills

Hey Paulus, which is not MP and why it's obvious? Shed me some light, I'm relearning about b&w film.

As you enlarge the photos you can see the difference. The MP/M6 ones are made with agfapan an Tmax/Tri X film. The grain is very obvious. They are scanned with a Nikon Coolscan LS 50 ED scanner.The smooth ones are the digital M8 or M9's.

• Like 1

Thanks Paulus. Ok, I think all the sepia are film and many b&w are from digital M. Right? BTW , it's a privilege of you to have such nice models in the family!

All " sepia" are film, most b&w are film. Only the most smooth ones are digital. The " sepia" is just scanned film in a coolscan LS50 on "colour". This colour " sepia" is the " raw" result, but some of them came out realy b&w. I never new why.

The digitals are: 33,34,36,37,38,39,40 the rest is film.

• Like 1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

greetings Hans.
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

As pointed out early in this thread, a film camera body is little more than a light-tight box and has the least effect of all of the variables (lens, photographer skills, developer etc etc). Nevertheless, my MP ALC does have one effect compared with my M7 (which I use in aperture priority mode) - it makes me choose potential scenes and subjects more carefully, leading to a somewhat more studied approach and execution. A typical result is below, a few more can be seen here.

Summaron 35mm f2.8 + yellow filter, Acros 100 @ ISO 80, Rodinal R09 1:50 11mins 30secs.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...