Who's got a T?

I was told no EVF or 23mm from Leica USA...can anyone confirm?

I hope this is a sad rumor? I pre-ordered the T, EVF, and the 23mm from a Leica Store (Miami), but I notice I've not heard anything about anything getting shipped to me yet... Not that I'm checking my email every 5 minutes today or anything. :p

• Like 1

I hope this is a sad rumor? I pre-ordered the T, EVF, and the 23mm from a Leica Store (Miami), but I notice I've not heard anything about anything getting shipped to me yet... Not that I'm checking my email every 5 minutes today or anything. :p

yes it is...I have a set coming. Will be here tomorrow.

No M adapter though. It seems like dealers didn't get everything.

some have M adapters, some didn't get EVF or 23mm.

• Like 1

I was informed by my store that they didn't get enough cameras in their first shipment to supply me one yet. :( Now I did pre-order a couple of days after they started taking them so I wasn't expecting to be first on the list or anything. And it could be my ordered combo of the camera and the 23mm that is the holdup? I do have hopes that it will come sooner than later though.

I will say I am eager to hear from other people that pre-ordered and that might have gotten them shipped out already? As in I hope the supply is going to be sufficient to keep up... :eek:

• Like 1

I picked up my T yesterday with the 23mm & zoom lens. Dealer received limited stock (2 cameras only). No EVF, adaptor or accessories available yet.

Alas, my XV (an equally great camera which I absolutely LOVE), is up for sale.

I got a call this morning to come collect my T. Dealer also had the 23mm, the EVF and the M adapter, as ordered. Charging battery now. First impression is puely on looks and feel: it is a pleasure to look at and I was also pleasantly surprised by the feel, including the heft and the (first impression) usefulness of the grip. I was also able to connect via wifi (my home network) and that works. But the battery was pretty low so I've had to set it down for a while.

• Like 2

Picked up pre order from B&H in NYC today. Forgot to order an m adapter and they had none. Apparently the Leica store in SoHo had some but they were already spoken for.

So I have a T body.... And no lenses or adapter. Frustrating.

Picked up pre order from B&H in NYC today. Forgot to order an m adapter and they had none. Apparently the Leica store in SoHo had some but they were already spoken for.

So I have a T body.... And no lenses or adapter. Frustrating.

Try Discount Camera in SF. I heard they had an adapter. Probably my least favorite camera store ever but....

When did you pre-order at B&H. I have a pre-order but it's been radio silent so far.

Try Discount Camera in SF. I heard they had an adapter. Probably my least favorite camera store ever but....

When did you pre-order at B&H. I have a pre-order but it's been radio silent so far.

Ordered it on 4/24/2014. Cancelled it last Friday. Uncancelled it on Monday. Picked it up today. Staring at it longingly now, but can't use it.

Hrm. Heading to Chicago tomorrow. Do I order from Discount Camera today and get it next week... or do I try my luck hitting the NYC stores next week ? Was planning on using it only with my M lenses.

Ordered it on 4/24/2014. Cancelled it last Friday. Uncancelled it on Monday. Picked it up today. Staring at it longingly now, but can't use it.

Hrm. Heading to Chicago tomorrow. Do I order from Discount Camera today and get it next week... or do I try my luck hitting the NYC stores next week ? Was planning on using it only with my M lenses.

not sure how you managed to cancel and get your order back again and others haven't shipped. I ordered back in April as well but the 29th. I'm going to try and not get too uptight and be patient.

not sure how you managed to cancel and get your order back again and others haven't shipped. I ordered back in April as well but the 29th. I'm going to try and not get too uptight and be patient.

When the date on the B&H site changed I emailed to cancel, then quickly emailed to say 'if end of May means I can get before this weekend, I'd like to uncancel and pick it up' because I don't remember a 'pickup at store' shipping option. So they quickly restored my order. Doesn't matter much as I've picked up but can't really use. I'm going to go read the manual. Again.

Might as well just be patient - I think this may be slightly easier than the usual Leica shipping delay.

• 2 weeks later...
My question to those M240 users who would like an AF option due to failing eye sight: is it worth a try?

If you want a purely AF option to the M/M9 and want to retain the Leica image quality and uniformity of function then I would suggest an X-Vario.

If you want an AF camera with the option of using M lenses manually .... which by your question and reasoning .... you are not ..... then the T is your best bet.

The Zoom lens on the XV is superior and the general functionality of the camera is in my opinion better ....... touch screens are nice and the implementation on the T is super ....... but the XV seems to strike the right balance between analog and digital controls.

I have both ...... and will NOT be selling my XV .... which will remain my all purpose small take anywhere M substitute. I'll be using the T for use with M lenses (at which it excels) when I don't want to/can't use my M.......

• Like 1