The new sandisk card for MONOCHROM?

patrick parker

+1

And you experience absolutely no banding at iso320 in dark regions when shooting before the buffer clears?

It's easy to reproduce: if you have your TV hanging on a white wall or your monitor against a white/light wall just compose to have half the TV or monitor in the frame and half the white wall. Make sure the TV/monitor is off; ie. black.

Put your camera on iso 320 in continous mode and fire five shots. Now do the same at iso400. Open the files and to make it easier to spot lift the exposure one or two whole steps.

Do you see banding noise in the second, third, fourth and fifth frame at iso320?

How about in the iso400 files?

I find those micro SD cards with adapter rather unstable mechanically. Not a good idea to damage the card slot by trying to remove such a contraption gone wrong.

Did anyone try microSD cards with an adapter?

Any idea if it helps with the banding?

Morten

And you experience absolutely no banding at iso320 in dark regions when shooting before the buffer clears?

It's easy to reproduce: if you have your TV hanging on a white wall or your monitor against a white/light wall just compose to have half the TV or monitor in the frame and half the white wall. Make sure the TV/monitor is off; ie. black.

Put your camera on iso 320 in continous mode and fire five shots. Now do the same at iso400. Open the files and to make it easier to spot lift the exposure one or two whole steps.

Do you see banding noise in the second, third, fourth and fifth frame at iso320?

How about in the iso400 files?

No problems here. If my camera did that it would be off to Wetzlar for repair. Edited by jaapv

Did anyone try microSD cards with an adapter?

Any idea if it helps with the banding?

Morten

IN THE MEAN MicroSD cards perform faster in sequential write (+ 20-25% in std. benchmarks) ... but I doubt it would result in a real advantage on a M240... not to count that the mech of adapters can be just one more source of hassle... :rolleyes:

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I had problems with sandisk cards on M9 but since switching to Samsung and PNY have never had one problem.

I stick to 16gb and 32gb cards only. Try to get class 6 (as this is the maximum speed of the M9's SD card electronics) or class 10 but never UHC

I see all the to and for here on sandisk but even though I use their cards on my other cameras why create potenital hassle, just use another brand for the M9/MM ....

my 2 cents

The bigger the card, the more images are lost if a card fails, you lose it, or something else happens. All this is more important since Leica has only a single card slot and a single point of failure.

Now balance that against how long it takes to change a card.

• Like 4

The cards the OP linked will offer no speed increase in a computer unless a specific card reader is used. If you look closely at those cards they have a second row of contacts...currently very little supports these cards and no Leica camera supports these.