Only M240 user without issues ?

HV25

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've got my M240 for about three months now and absolutely love it :)

This is my first M camera so in contrast to many others here I can't call myself a real expert. I'm also not a professional photographer who is using his camera in all kind of different situations and challenging conditions.

That said, looking at the threads it strikes me that there are quite a few people who have been unfortunate enough to have had various different issues with the M240. I can't relate to this because so far (knock on wood) I have yet to encounter any kind of issue or fault at all.

Which leads me to my question: Could it be I'm the only one using the M240 that is totally happy with his camera and hasn't had any issues with it :confused:

... or have I not tried hard enough to find some :D

This is my first M camera so in contrast to many others here I can't call myself a real expert. I'm also not a professional photographer who is using his camera in all kind of different situations and challenging conditions.

That said, looking at the threads it strikes me that there are quite a few people who have been unfortunate enough to have had various different issues with the M240. I can't relate to this because so far (knock on wood) I have yet to encounter any kind of issue or fault at all.

Which leads me to my question: Could it be I'm the only one using the M240 that is totally happy with his camera and hasn't had any issues with it :confused:

People generally only post in equipment forums to complain!

Most people are getting on taking pictures.

Saying that, I am sure that the issues here are genuine but they probably only surface when using the camera in a particular way

I never had any freezing issues with the M9, locks, crashes or corrupt cards.

But I never used continuous shooting, never used sandisk and never delete photos on the camera ....................

• Like 1

From a not-too-rough estimate based on M production numbers,we can guess that around 5 to 10% are regular forum surfers : the % of those forum users who had issues is (obviously - see Colonel observation) greater... so, stay comfortable, enjoy your M and post pictures here, if you like : there are hundreds, and probably thousands of users happy as you are.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have no issues.

Just wait. Something will go wrong. :-) I jest. I have had a few issues but nothing that really detracts from ownership. Most problems seem to crop up in LV. But as its Leica's first foray into LV you can understand. I forgive all issues once I see the files on screen. I'm still blown away by the beautiful files. Even at 3200.

Could it be I'm the only one using the M240 that is totally happy with his camera and hasn't had any issues with it :confused:

I used mine for 2 weeks in RF mode only, without problems.

Only when I started with LV, I noticed lockups and under/over-exposure, but at that time others had noted that these glitches seemed to disappear when batteries mature after 3-4 times recharging. So I just waited, and by now, the glitches are gone.

Very happy with the M, and now I can finally use my R-lenses as well, notably the R-3.4/180.

I have had the battery drain issue, overheating, and the occasional wildly wrong exposure when trying the advanced metering mode. I have posted a couple oftimes on here, principally to see if anyone had any news about workarounds or impending fixes.

Am I complaining? No. Are these big issues? No.

Are there things I would change? Sure. The 'M' button function, for example.

The most important point for me, though, is this: for me, the M240 is hands down the best camera I have owned (and I've had quite a lot), and I'm delighted with it.

Chris

I'm a user without issues, too. Quite happy after 1913 pictures.

Of course, i'm quite habituated doing cold starts, opening the bottom, taking the batterie out, waiting 5 secs, closing and restarting!

So be it, i'm really really happy with the M...

Still early days with my M but no issues. It did drain the battery once when I left it on standby overnight but since recharging no problems. I understand that this is a common quirk with new batteries but that it corrects itself with use.

Incidentally I had an M9 for 2 1/2 years with no issues at all. My M2 required CLA once in 30+ years. Given the price and waiting lists for a new Leica body it is understandable that Leica owners become distressed if they find a fault with their new pride and joy and ventilate their grief on the forums. I think most Leica owners are happy and have the reassurance that Leica is pretty good at puting things right in the event of problems.