Dlux6 vs LX7 Don't laugh

Guest badbob

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica don't seem to be chomping at the bit to try and prove you right do they ? If the differences did exist and were so valued significant and worth while, they would have surely wanted prove their point to you and the global audience. Perhaps they actually have noth

Leica is bigger than you, but they're not bigger than their customers. The number one thing that I get from them is the product - answers to my questions may not be as high a priority as getting the quality right. That is probably how they see it, and certainly how I see it. In case you misread any of this discussion, I'm a customer of Leica, and an advocate for Leica, ergo my participation on a Leica forum. I'm happy with my purchases. The thing that seems to be bothering your cohorts here is that they are extremely unhappy with Leica, and because I defend Leica, they vent their anger at me.

Perhaps I am stating the obvious, but there are no Leica group operationg companies in Japan. On the other hand, my Leica D-lux 6 is made in Japan, as stated clearly on the camera's bottom.

It would not be a Pindaric ode to therefore state, with little chance for argument, that my Leica D-lux 6 is not made by Leica.

1. Do I have a problem with that? No

2. Do I love my D-lux 6? Yes

3. Do I *value* it higher than the functionally, electronically and mechanically equivalent Panasonic model? Yes

Finally, and I think this is the key question for me:

4. Do I believe the D-lux 6 is a Leica camera? No. I believe it is a great compact camera, partly designed by Leica and manufactured (or better, robot-factured) by another company.

Therefore, go back to 1. above.

• Like 8

Yes ! :)

And I will add that it is not new because that has lasted for already approximately 10 years on these series of cameras !

I have personally a D-Lux 5, Digilux 2, Lumix LC1 and I live very well with…

Guy

• Like 3

Anybody have an issue with this?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

...which is on the bottom of this:

Is this any the less a Leica for it?

No.

End of.

Regards,

Bill

Guest badbob
Perhaps I am stating the obvious, but there are no Leica group operationg companies in Japan. On the other hand, my Leica D-lux 6 is made in Japan, as stated clearly on the camera's bottom.

It would not be a Pindaric ode to therefore state, with little chance for argument, that my Leica D-lux 6 is not made by Leica.

1. Do I have a problem with that? No

2. Do I love my D-lux 6? Yes

3. Do I *value* it higher than the functionally, electronically and mechanically equivalent Panasonic model? Yes

Finally, and I think this is the key question for me:

4. Do I believe the D-lux 6 is a Leica camera? No. I believe it is a great compact camera, partly designed by Leica and manufactured (or better, robot-factured) by another company.

Therefore, go back to 1. above.

You did 'Finally' without even asking "Does Leica add any value to the Leica brand version over and above the Panasonic version for the extra amount Leica charges over the Panasonic version?"

If there is no "exact" Panasonic version, then no need to ask the question.

Much as I hate to quote myself, sometimes it is the right thing to do...

In short - they are the same camera, produced by the same people with the same glass, capable of identical results.

Leica is more expensive but offers better bundled software and warranty and a better resale value.

Panasonic is cheaper and depreciates faster.

The Leica takes an accessory handgrip. This makes handling better if you have large hands.

That's it.

Regards,

Bill

You did 'Finally' without even asking "Does Leica add any value to the Leica brand version over and above the Panasonic version for the extra amount Leica charges over the Panasonic version?"

I know I said I'd bowed out of this discussion, but given that we now have an acceptance from Badbob that the Leica Dlux is a version of the Panasonic I feel it right that I should rejoin the thread.

Indeed there is no Panasonic Gstar version. No one has ever implied that there is. The Gstar special edition Dlux is exlusive to Leica. Bill has pointed out the added value that Leica adds to the Dlux over the Panasonic.

Heard from Solms yet?

Hello Bad Bob, as I wrote in the post you commented on, I have asked certain questions to myself and myself only, as a means to articulate my point of view.

I do not care whether Leica adds any value to its brand or not.

Perhaps somebody who has one can take a similar picture. But who do we know that might oblige...?

Regards,

Bill

It would be simpler if our friend Badbob showed us to a photograph of the sole of his D-Lux 6 G-Star...

Guy

Edited by Guytou

...well, in the absence of relevant photos and suchlike, I hope this little number helps improve our overall understanding of branding. Huh, what do you mean "Was ist das?". It is clearly a Leica. Can you not see the red dot and the inscription? Pfff.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Guest badbob
Badboob has made it clear he is just a troll. Has nothing better to do than act like a jerk on an otherwise enjoyable site. Pity the troll. Let's just ignore the idiot and go back to intelligent discussions. Don't feed the troll.

Just think - if Leica took that attitude toward their customers they would be out of business. Maybe you need a course in how to treat customers to retain their loyalty.

I think pretty much everyone on here is a supporter or fan and probably user of Leica products. A great many have invested large sums of money, and some depend on the company to make a living . None are having a go at Leica from what I've read. The only thing Leica seem to have omitted to do is reply to you !! . I've finished with this thread now , it's gone round in circles as we all knew the answer at the start .

• Like 1

Guest badbob
I think pretty much everyone on here is a supporter or fan and probably user of Leica products. A great many have invested large sums of money, and some depend on the company to make a living . None are having a go at Leica from what I've read. The only thing Leica seem to have omitted to do is reply to you !! . I've finished with this thread now , it's gone round in circles as we all knew the answer at the start .

And you have typed all of these messages at great length for what purpose? To generate friendship and good relations with Leica customers?

No, you haven't done that. What you have done is gone to great lengths to service your own personal ego and that of your "friends", and the customer be damned.

Oh, but that wasn't my intent, you say. I was only responding to the customer's question. Well, here's a clue: You didn't have the answer - you never did - all you had was rumor and speculation. But rather than admit that, you tried forcing it on the customer, and when you saw that that wasn't going well, what then? Then you started with the accusations.

You have spent all of this time doing one and only one thing: Asserting and then attempting to defend your own ego. This is the worst possible demonstration of customer relations I've ever seen in a forum claiming to advocate Leica products.