Dlux6 vs LX7 Don't laugh

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So the concept of a corporation sending people into their retail outlets incognito, to check on their appearance, performance, etc. is beyond you? You really do live in a different world from the real one.

Yes I do. As several of our inner-city camera shops were destroyed in the 2011 earthquakes, another shop basically had to operate out of a broom cupboard, and another has had to move several times to temporary premises, with ongoing stress and uncertainty, Christchurch people have more important things to worry about than this nonsense.

• Like 2

Did you read the post from the contributor that had previously repaired cameras and stated that they were the same inside? Can you chase Solms, and see if they want to support you, their avid supporter , or even a free Leica secret shopper, to see if they will endorse you view point. I promise, this will be my last posting on this topic, as it's gone beyond sensible. Nobody has stated that there isn't additional value in the "add ons" that come with the package, I.e. Lightroom, better warranty , option to buy expensive accessories. The point is, the camera, the actual physical object for taking the pictures, the only actual part that really matters and is crucial, from which you will remove the memory card and then view the pictures is THE SAME. It's almost like you are having to justify to yourself the fact that you've decided to pay multiples of the Panasonic price. You like it, you're convinced it's worth the money, or are pushing in that direction. A totally honest and up front unbiased Leica salesman may have told you that it's "something amazing and unique" it's just a shame they won't repeat things on here.

• Like 2

The fuss had little to do with what you mention. It mostly had to do with certain people making absolutist statements about the D-Lux6 that turned out to be wrong because they forgot to mention certain things.

Please quote this post or posts...

Someone forgets that the D-Lux6 comes with a Lightroom offer,

... and proclaims that the D-Lux6 is a ripoff because it has zero more value than a Panasonic LX7.

The thread is full of misstatements like that.

Regards,

Bill

Sent from another Galaxy

Guest badbob
Yes I do. As several of our inner-city camera shops were destroyed in the 2011 earthquakes, another shop basically had to operate out of a broom cupboard, and another has had to move several times to temporary premises, with ongoing stress and uncertainty, Christchurch people have more important things to worry about than this nonsense.

I was close to a few earthquakes mysef - nearly died being on the transition bridge between the 10 East and 110 North when the Whittier Narrows quake went off on 1st Oct 1987. The bridge swayed at least 30 ft., but fortunately didn't snap. Some people then and later in 1994 weren't so lucky. When you live in L.A., you live on the threshold of death and learn to get along with it.

But, none of those events had an influence on the way we did business. I managed a computer dealership in Beverly Hills for 3 years, and we were checked on numerous times, and we checked on competitors numerous times - "business is business" is the American way.

Now if we were in a total disaster certainly we would have more important things to worry about than the lower priority aspects of daily business. But why a major disaster should be offered as a general reason for not conducting normal business here - I don't get that.

Guest badbob
Did you read the post from the contributor that had previously repaired cameras and stated that they were the same inside? Can you chase Solms, and see if they want to support you, their avid supporter , or even a free Leica secret shopper, to see if they will endorse you view point. I promise, this will be my last posting on this topic, as it's gone beyond sensible. Nobody has stated that there isn't additional value in the "add ons" that come with the package, I.e. Lightroom, better warranty , option to buy expensive accessories. The point is, the camera, the actual physical object for taking the pictures, the only actual part that really matters and is crucial, from which you will remove the memory card and then view the pictures is THE SAME. It's almost like you are having to justify to yourself the fact that you've decided to pay multiples of the Panasonic price. You like it, you're convinced it's worth the money, or are pushing in that direction. A totally honest and up front unbiased Leica salesman may have told you that it's "something amazing and unique" it's just a shame they won't repeat things on here.

The thing I know with absolute certainty is how extremely negative and suppresive a person you are. Someone as unhappy as you should be doing something else.

You can repeat yourself 100 times, but you have no evidence of "The Same" except argumentum ad nauseam.

The fuss had little to do with what you mention. It mostly had to do with certain people making absolutist statements about the D-Lux6 that turned out to be wrong because they forgot to mention certain things. Someone forgets that the D-Lux6 comes with a Lightroom offer, and proclaims that the D-Lux6 is a ripoff because it has zero more value than a Panasonic LX7. The thread is full of misstatements like that.

Badbod you have to be the single most irritating person I've come across on the forums. Maybe you are just a troll after all, making an argument for the fun of it, in fact I'm pretty sure you are now.

Read post number 4 on page 1 of this thread, as well as many subsequent responses where people have told you exactly why the Leica costs more.

Clearly you are not really interested in the facts.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I could see the "Leica difference", if that's what it is, with the X1 to a small extent, and with the X Vario to a greater extent. I only shoot JPEGs with the D-Lux6, and even though I have a bag full of images I got with the LX7, I don't see an obvious Leica Difference with the D-Lux6 as yet.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

TROLL

• Like 1

You can repeat yourself 100 times, but you have no evidence of "The Same" except argumentum ad nauseam.

There is one person on this thread repeating himself...

The forum member was a camera repair person. He has opened up both cameras and has confirmed that they are the same inside.

If you are THAT worried about it, I would suggest that you invest a few hundred dollars on a couple of second hand cameras and a set of jeweller's screwdrivers and see for yourself.

• Like 1

There is one person on this thread repeating himself...

Not only repeating himself but also completely blanking some responses - Badbob hasn't responded directly to the points made by Koray I notice.......

Gentlemen I'm sure we have a troll. Never mind, someones had his laugh at our expense.

Not only repeating himself but also completely blanking some responses - Badbob hasn't responded directly to the points made by Koray I notice.......

Gentlemen I'm sure we have a troll. Never mind, someones had his laugh at our expense.

i thought feeding the troll is the game of this thread? if we go deeper there are a few x vario debates in similar fashion too. it seems our friendly neighbor has a habit of defending his prized tools

it's fun :D

I was close to a few earthquakes mysef - nearly died being on the transition bridge between the 10 East and 110 North when the Whittier Narrows quake went off on 1st Oct 1987. The bridge swayed at least 30 ft., but fortunately didn't snap. Some people then and later in 1994 weren't so lucky. When you live in L.A., you live on the threshold of death and learn to get along with it.

But, none of those events had an influence on the way we did business. I managed a computer dealership in Beverly Hills for 3 years, and we were checked on numerous times, and we checked on competitors numerous times - "business is business" is the American way.

Now if we were in a total disaster certainly we would have more important things to worry about than the lower priority aspects of daily business. But why a major disaster should be offered as a general reason for not conducting normal business here - I don't get that.

Surely normal and Beverly Hills is an oxymoron? :D

I did enjoy the notion of the Leica secret agents checking up on renegade camera dealers.

Guest badbob
I genuinely thought he was ignorant and embarrassed by his lack of knowledge of the camera he claimed to have bought. I now feel certain he's just a troll.

You wanna know who the troll is? The customer is still standing there at the Leica counter, and the question is still hanging in the air: "Is this a Leica camera or not? - I heard it's just a Panasonic with a Leica sticker".

What are you going to tell the customer?

Guest badbob
Surely normal and Beverly Hills is an oxymoron? :D I did enjoy the notion of the Leica secret agents checking up on renegade camera dealers.

So you're not satisfied with false accusations of trolling, you continue to trash anything and everything to try to make yourself look better. But your insults just reveal what you are.

Guest badbob
i thought feeding the troll is the game of this thread? if we go deeper there are a few x vario debates in similar fashion too. it seems our friendly neighbor has a habit of defending his prized tools. it's fun :D

What you have just said reveals who you are and your true intent.

Guest badbob
Not only repeating himself but also completely blanking some responses - Badbob hasn't responded directly to the points made by Koray I notice.......Gentlemen I'm sure we have a troll. Never mind, someones had his laugh at our expense.

Badbob has the only reasonable question on this topic. In real life, as the Leica salesperson, you're being confronted by the customer asking "Is this a Leica camera or not? It says Leica on it. Is this a scam? A bait-and-switch?

There is the exact question all of you are afraid of.

Badbob has the only reasonable question on this topic. In real life, as the Leica salesperson, you're being confronted by the customer asking "Is this a Leica camera or not? It says Leica on it. Is this a scam? A bait-and-switch?

There is the exact question all of you are afraid of.

If I were the salesman in your imaginary scenario I'd say the same as I've said in this thread, it's Leicas version of the Panasonic, essentially the same guts but with different styling and it comes with a better package of software and warranty.

It's really quite simple.

And damn it I just fed the troll!

• Like 4

What you have just said reveals who you are and your true intent.

the absurdity that dlux6(or any lux in fact) is a true leica is through the roof. there are too many to list evidence that they are made in japan by panasonic with some badge work than otherwise that the burden of proof is actually on you. leica's website or PR response has zero weight due conflict of interest of wanting to sell for profit.

so yes, for me responding to you is really feeding a troll and i am definitely having fun doing it :p

as for salesman scenario i would tell them it is made by panasonic with the same internal as lx7; does that make me a bad salesman? sure, but i wouldn't lie to them in the face and debase myself on something so little

• Like 1

See, when I bought my D-lux 6, as a replacement for my D-lux 3, I knew exactly that it was a camera made by Panasonic, with some design input from Leica, and that I would be paying a hefty price for what it was.

Call me shallow, but I am perfectly comfortable with that. I value good, streamlined, clean design, and I am willing to pay a (reasonable) premium for that.

What I don't understand is all this vehemence in so desperately *wanting* the D-lux to be something that it is not, and to assume that the higher price tag necessarily implies a "Leica added value" over the Panasonic, aside from the bundled Adobe Lightroom.

• Like 5

I am a Volkswagen salesman confronted by a buyer asking, Is this a Volkswagen up!? Or is it a Skoda Citigo? I am a Fiat salesman. I am confronted by a buyer asking, Is this a Fiat 500 or is it a Ford Ka? I am a Peugeot salesman. The buyer asks, Is this a Peugeot 107, a Toyota Aygo, or a Citroën C1? What do you mean they are all made in the Czech Republic? Sacré bleu!

• Like 5