I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Am 27.9.2022 um 20:51 schrieb AntonioF:

5 Rights Brewery, Marysville WA. A guy having a beer - Leica M6, Summicron 35 asph, Cinestill 800T

Great composition and wonderfully creamy colors!

vor 23 Stunden schrieb tuna:

“Su Corazon”

Columbus, Ohio

Stunning picture, love the cinematic touch!

vor 22 Stunden schrieb 250swb:

Generally speaking I don't like sunsets, but this very simple one is wonderful. I think it's because I can imagine squinting into the light and seeing those wonderful highlights reflecting off the sea, something a digital camera, or digital photographers, try their best to kill. Film is great.

Thank you for your kind remarks! I shoot sunsets every now and then, because the they differ so much depending on the location. And I agree with you in the possibilities and advantages of film in situations like this.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Kl@usW.:

Mountain life revisited #6.   Nearly there. 

IIf, Elmar 3,5/50 rs; Delta 100, orange filter, Rodinal  

It is wonderful to see your wonderful mountain landscapes on a regular basis here!

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Doc Henry:

Thank you Christoph and specially Phil "I am tempted to bestow the name “Doc Poppy”... I like it , thank you Phil  🥰🥰

One more picture for you 😀  (forget to tell you that the two pictures was taken at the beginning of dusk)

Kodak Portra 400-Leica M7-35 Summilux Asph -Portra dev in Tetenal and scan homelab in TIFF Nikon factory software scan

Best

Henry

"Film is not dead"

I tried to catch some pictures of poppies repeatedly, but none reaches the painterly quality of your work! A great pleasure to see these new additions!

vor 36 Minuten schrieb dimm:

Jesus loves you. Probably.

Nikon F3, Voigtlander Ultron 40mm f/2 SLII, Kodak Vision3 500T, ECN2

Love this expressive portrait!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Summer 2021

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Ricoh GR1s - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

• Like 17

m3, summilux 50 pre-asph, expired superia 400

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

NYC, Leica M2, Elmarit 28mm, Acros II

• Like 17

Bessa R2m, CZ Planar 2/50, Fomapan 100

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stray cat said:

noisy-le-roi, france 1985

kodachrome

This boggles the mind and every other part of me! So many interesting things going on. The astonishing Kodak colors. The layers and directions of the fields. The white (white!) building to the far right, in contrast to the dark green bushing tree in the foreground, pulling the eyes in both directions, but then seeing a line of trees extending down the middle, bringing the eye to between them and the white building to an even smaller white building in the distance. The colors, shapes, and composition are enough....but then, can that be a puff of a cloud breaking through that sheet of blue? I need my 3D glasses for this movie! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, bags27 said:

This boggles the mind and every other part of me! So many interesting things going on. The astonishing Kodak colors. The layers and directions of the fields. The white (white!) building to the far right, in contrast to the dark green bushing tree in the foreground, pulling the eyes in both directions, but then seeing a line of trees extending down the middle, bringing the eye to between them and the white building to an even smaller white building in the distance. The colors, shapes, and composition are enough....but then, can that be a puff of a cloud breaking through that sheet of blue? I need my 3D glasses for this movie! 

… and then the most intriguing question of all: what did the farmer plant? 
Truthfully a most pleasing and kodachromian excursion into the world of saturated colours.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bags27 said:

8 hours ago, christoph_d said:

… and then the most intriguing question of all: what did the farmer plant? 
Truthfully a most pleasing and kodachromian excursion into the world of saturated colours.

Thank you sincerely Ken, Christoph and all those who gave my picture a thumbs up. 

We were staying with friends at this place just outside of Versailles and we’d had a gin and tonic or two when the light did its thing so I quickly grabbed a camera and rushed out - so I’m glad it’s roughly in focus. I have no idea what was planted and, yes, there may be a slight bit more saturation in my picture than is on the slide but this is the way the scene struck me at the time, and my interest has evolved to be less in accuracy than in atmosphere. I think another “gin-ton” probably followed when I went back inside, it was that kind of stay.

Just on those friends, by the way, Richard had just before this was taken shown me a case containing his three or four Leica M2s and M3s and various lenses - the first time I’d actually picked up a Leica and I remember being smitten with those little jewels. I was horrified to learn shortly after that he’d sold the lot for what seemed to me a very small sum.

• Like 5

Blarney Castle, Ricoh XR-X 3PF, Rikenon 35-70, Across II

• Like 17