I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Jaffa

Nikon F3, Voigtlander Color Skopar 28mm f/2.8, Kodak Vision3 500T, ECN2

Edited by dimm
  • Like 12

Bus Stop. Logan Airport 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Holga 120GCFN Cinestill 800 T. It's Holga Week!

• Like 11

ditto

• Like 11

5 hours ago, AntonioF said:

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with the lens. This is the new version, I think from 2021. I could not justify another Summicron.

One of the first Leica lenses I acquired was a 50 Summicron dual range. Even today that particular lens is priced at bargain levels. While I have not shot with it in a while, I recall being impressed that it was one of the sharpest lenses I had ever experienced. Having that and the 35 Summilux ( third version) has kind of ended my desire for another Summicron.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rennrocky said:

Berlin Pinhole 9X12 cm Ektachrome 100 exp. 2005 Cross-C41

This is brilliant. I can't say if it is the Citroen.........or the fact that it is a pinhole shot. :)

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

21 hours ago, Rennrocky said:

Berlin Pinhole 9X12 cm Ektachrome 100 exp. 2005 Cross-C41

8 hours ago, Wayne said:

This is brilliant. I can't say if it is the Citroen .........or the fact that it is a pinhole shot. :)

Hi Renn and Wayne you are right it's a Citroen DS 1970

Best
Henry

7 hours ago, stray cat said:

sahara desert, algeria 1980

How I'd love now to revisit with a camera and lots of film, wandering through those sand dunes!

kodachrome

The color  is superb and faithfull specially dune sand color .  Phil are you in Ghardaia or Ouargla at this time ?

Best

Henry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Henry said:

The color  is superb and faithfull specially dune sand color .  Phil are you in Ghardaia or Ouargla at this time ?

Best

Henry

Henry, thank you very much. As to the question of specifically where it was taken, I'm afraid I can't say. I only figured out it was Algeria at all from photos I have that were taken before and after, although looking at a map of Algeria now I recognize that we must have traveled the road that passes through Ouargla and near to Ghardaia. I'd love to find wherever it was again one day, and I thank you for giving me these clues to start my search. It sounds like you've been to these places - I'd love to see some of your pictures if you have them, or hear of your experiences.

(edit) just looking at pictures from a search of the local towns, it could very well be near Béni Abbès or Timimoun. Based on photos like this (NB not my photo (unfortunately): https://www.flickr.com/photos/jordipostales/2035065713

Edited by stray cat
  • Thanks 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb stray cat:

sahara desert, algeria 1980

How I'd love now to revisit with a camera and lots of film, wandering through those sand dunes!

kodachrome

What a wonderful photo Phil! I really love it. I was in Algeria in 1988 and it was one of the best journeys I ever had.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, benqui said:

What a wonderful photo Phil! I really love it. I was in Algeria in 1988 and it was one of the best journeys I ever had.

Thank you so much Marc.

Right! Let's get together and arrange an expedition "back to Algeria"! Doc Henry, too. Any other takers?

Wouldn't that be something! OMG what bag to take?

Edited by stray cat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stray cat said:

Henry, thank you very much. As to the question of specifically where it was taken, I'm afraid I can't say. I only figured out it was Algeria at all from photos I have that were taken before and after, although looking at a map of Algeria now I recognize that we must have traveled the road that passes through Ouargla and near to Ghardaia. I'd love to find wherever it was again one day, and I thank you for giving me these clues to start my search. It sounds like you've been to these places - I'd love to see some of your pictures if you have them, or hear of your experiences.

(edit) just looking at pictures from a search of the local towns, it could very well be near Béni Abbès or Timimoun. Based on photos like this (NB not my photo (unfortunately): https://www.flickr.com/photos/jordipostales/2035065713

56 minutes ago, benqui said:

Phil , Ghardaia or Ouargla we are in the " Great Western Erg "  with its magnificent dunes.

As Marc Benqui said  it is one of the most beautiful regions of Algeria 😀

I also took a few photos with Kodachrome 64, including this one

Leica R4S - Summicron 50 - Scan in TIFF > Scanner Nikon CS5000 Nikon factory software - option Kodachrome

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb stray cat:

Thank you so much Marc.

Right! Let's get together and arrange an expedition "back to Algeria"! Doc Henry, too. Any other takers?

Wouldn't that be something! OMG what bag to take?

What bag und which lens????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you again, Henry. I do remember that the people I was with and I camped among the dunes and I've never experienced anything like the sunset or the sunrise, much like in your beautiful picture. I also remember playing Frisbee and running up and down those dunes like an idiot. Oh to be so young again!

• Like 1

Yet more dunes! Algeria, 1980.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stray cat said:

Yet more dunes! Algeria, 1980.

Phil thank you for this picture ,  the contrast between the sand color of the large dune in the background and in the foreground is remarkable

Very nice color of Kodachrome slide . In projection on a big screen it must be magnificent ! 😀

Best

Henry

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Doc Henry said:

Phil thank you for this picture ,  the contrast between the sand color of the large dune in the background and in the foreground is remarkable

Very nice color of Kodachrome slide . In projection on a big screen it must be magnificent ! 😀

Best

Henry

Thank you very much once again, Doc. I do remember projecting these slides at times. Just imagine - projecting bright white light through the slide so that the picture would appear on a screen on the other side of the room, many many times larger than the size of the original. It sounds crazy now to think that, doesn’t it? But even with that vast level of enlargement those colours were just - your word - magnificent. I’ve unfortunately sold my Kodak Carousel projector now and all the rotary slide magazines, otherwise I’d do that again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, stray cat said:

Thank you very much once again, Doc. I do remember projecting these slides at times. Just imagine - projecting bright white light through the slide so that the picture would appear on a screen on the other side of the room, many many times larger than the size of the original. It sounds crazy now to think that, doesn’t it? But even with that vast level of enlargement those colours were just - your word - magnificent. I’ve unfortunately sold my Kodak Carousel projector now and all the rotary slide magazines, otherwise I’d do that again. 

I still keep my Kodak Carousel projector indeed. Precious memories. And I just can't let go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For Phil and Marc again 😀  another slide Kodachrome of Great Occidental Erg in Algeria in backlight

Kodachrome 64 Isos-Leicaflex SL-50 Summicron - scan with Nikon Scan (option Kodachrome) no correction scan with Nikon Software

(no Vuescan No sillverfast) linear curve

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1