I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

9 hours ago, Wayne said:

In admiring everything else about this beautiful photograph, one of the mysteries that has plagued my mind, i.e. what is it that is so special about  Hasselblad and Rolleiflex photos?, hit me. Maybe it is not true for every photo with those cameras, but the perspective is so much a part of the magic in this shot. I am going to call it:..Cat. As seen by a dog. :)

Haha. Thanks so much Wayne. I think you have a point there. The level of the camera automatically goes a little lower when looking down the chimney of the viewfinder of those cameras. :)).

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 7:38 PM, Kl@usW. said:

Larch  wood  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

HB 205;  Tele-Tessar FE  4/ 250; Portra 400@200 

Klaus you are going to cost me a lot of money if you keep posting these amazing HB205 images 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, chrism said:

I could not agree more. If I survive the next few months - I am going into hospital for a long-delayed bone marrow transplant next week, Covid-19 willing - I shall be working hard on using up my film freezer's contents. I haven't been up to taking photos or developing films for about 18 months, and I'm getting pretty desperate to press that shutter button! If I can come back, so can Henry!

Every best wish for a successful treatment and recovery.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

I treated myself to a birthday present at the beginning of October. I was lucky enough to be able to buy what was probably the only completely unused black Hasselblad 503CW in existence from a good friend who bought it new in 2000, along with a new chrome 503cw to use in his retirement from being a full time wedding and portrait photographer.  He photographed his last five weddings with the chrome 503cw, but he never used the black one, he had put the unopened box in his camera safe and left it there untouched.

I have known about the unused camera for several years.  In October I contacted my friend and asked him if he would consider selling it, he was and we did a deal.  The camera arrived on October 2nd, the box still unopened and the camera still sealed inside,  complete with all paperwork.

Pure indulgence on my part, I know! I already have a lovely chrome 503cw but I thought it might be feeling a bit lonely.  You know how it is.....

Well, I've used it now! 😃

From the first roll of film with my new Hasselblad: The River Severn ebbing away, Gloucestershire.

Hasselblad 503cw
Zeiss 250mm sonnar cf
Ilford Delta 400

Happy (belated) Birthday Steve and a fine tribute to your photographic sensibilities, instincts and application.

• Like 2

Autumn in South Foreland Valley, Kent.

No Leica used in the making of this image unfortunately.  Contax 139Q with Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/85 on Fuji 100.  Not Leica because the Contax Planar sells for 1/3 the price of the Leica-R 1.4/80 but can't be put on a Leica film camera with radical surgery (it is excellent on the SL however).  Interesting how the Fuji film stock renders the colours so much cooler than Kodak Ektar.

• Like 17

15 hours ago, chrism said:

I could not agree more. If I survive the next few months - I am going into hospital for a long-delayed bone marrow transplant next week, Covid-19 willing - I shall be working hard on using up my film freezer's contents. I haven't been up to taking photos or developing films for about 18 months, and I'm getting pretty desperate to press that shutter button! If I can come back, so can Henry!

Best wishes and happy shooting!

• Thanks 1

New York City Serenade. Dusty old negs revisited. 1980, M4, TriX.

• Like 19

Lavender field.   [Silvermax 100]

• Like 17

Modern Language
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 13

The Larch. Sorry I couldn't resist :D Beautifully done Klaus, eminent use of the spot meter 

On 11/11/2020 at 9:38 AM, Kl@usW. said:

Larch  wood  

HB 205;  Tele-Tessar FE  4/ 250; Portra 400@200 

Dear Chris I am very happy this is finally happening. I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed over here because I really want to see more of your fine photography. Best wishes

On 11/11/2020 at 7:36 PM, chrism said:

That guy is evidently looking in the wrong direction. And possibly so is the woman on the left.

22 hours ago, Suede said:

A spectacular view.    [Silvermax]

What a find Steve, congratulations and belated greetings! Must have been truly thrilling to unbox it. It's pretty amazing that after 20 years in a box the camera just ticks along as if it had just shipped from Gothenburg. And a beautiful start on its photographic life too, that little bird is the icing on the delicious minimalist cake.

22 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

I treated myself to a birthday present at the beginning of October. I was lucky enough to be able to buy what was probably the only completely unused black Hasselblad 503CW in existence from a good friend who bought it new in 2000, along with a new chrome 503cw to use in his retirement from being a full time wedding and portrait photographer.  He photographed his last five weddings with the chrome 503cw, but he never used the black one, he had put the unopened box in his camera safe and left it there untouched.

I have known about the unused camera for several years.  In October I contacted my friend and asked him if he would consider selling it, he was and we did a deal.  The camera arrived on October 2nd, the box still unopened and the camera still sealed inside,  complete with all paperwork.

Pure indulgence on my part, I know! I already have a lovely chrome 503cw but I thought it might be feeling a bit lonely.  You know how it is.....

Well, I've used it now! 😃

From the first roll of film with my new Hasselblad: The River Severn ebbing away, Gloucestershire.

Hasselblad 503cw
Zeiss 250mm sonnar cf
Ilford Delta 400

Wow this is very beautifully done.

20 hours ago, Xícara de Café said:

Nikon F2, Micro-Nikkor 55mm 1:2.8, Kodak Portra 160.

Superb timing!

20 hours ago, hillavoider said:

Superpan 200 

MP with a Zeiss 28mm

Terrific results Charles. And now I know why cows are camouflaged the way they are, thank you.

1 hour ago, Charles Morgan said:

I have a couple of Contax cameras, plus three lenses. They are, without doubt, superb and I find they compare well with their Leica counterparts. I shoot with the Sonnar 85mm f2.8 as it is both compact and light. I think my 80mm Summilux R weighs as much as my 167MT with lens. Autumn is when I enjoy Ektar, as below. 167MT with Sonnar 85mm f2.8, Ektar 100.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

This picture shows quite well that Sarajevo lies in the middle of an old volcano. And how easy it was for the Bosnian-Serb forces to lob artillery grenades from the surrounding hills (in particular those in the background) on the civilians during the 4 year siege of the city.

Flickr
EOS 1N EF100-300 Velvia 50 CS9000
  • Like 17