I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Am 11.11.2020 um 19:36 schrieb chrism:

I could not agree more. If I survive the next few months - I am going into hospital for a long-delayed bone marrow transplant next week, Covid-19 willing - I shall be working hard on using up my film freezer's contents. I haven't been up to taking photos or developing films for about 18 months, and I'm getting pretty desperate to press that shutter button! If I can come back, so can Henry!

So there is hope, Chris ! I´ll keep my fingers crossed. Good luck and get well ! 

Am 11.11.2020 um 23:40 schrieb Ernest:

I see there is the hardbound edition, astronomically priced, and a paperback edition that puts our feet back on Earth. I look forward to your comments.

How do you get into my brain? Felt! Yes, I think of that word and Beuys's Felt Suit is right there! Thinking of a category title for this color field, I keyed off of the large color field that looks so much like felt. ADOX is guilty for its "toxic grain" that explodes into a pointillist red/green hail. Then, I thought of the double entendre of "felt" as the past tense of the verb "to feel." How do you feel about this or that, and so often it's an emotional, subjective take on "cognition." How one feels about a work of art, a photograph, an ice cream cone. Beuys is renown for his olfactory art, using the sense of smell. Has anyone encountered photography with an olfactory element? A quick glance through Alain Borer's The Essential Joseph Beuys for issues of felt: Halved Felt Crossed with Dust Picture of Martha, 1960; Snowfall; Infiltration Homogeneous for Grand Piano, 1966; Felt Suit, 1970; and Block Beuys. Of course, there's the signature hat that Beuys always wears. See also Beuy's Book by Klaus Staeck and Gerhard Steidl to get a sense of Beuys's playfulness. Please, connect the dots for me on "grease." 

Beuys, felt and fat ( sorry for my hapless translation of Fett to grease... ) form an inseparable trio in my mind. And, I know the criticism too, I have a soft spot for the "shaman" he considered himself being. Having seen a few of his fat and felt pieces, I still love the chutzpa of the story he dealt out to explain the two  most important materials of his work. If you are interested : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Beuys, see under WW II. 

vor 14 Stunden schrieb hillavoider:

Klaus you are going to cost me a lot of money if you keep posting these amazing HB205 images 😁

Thank you, hill avoider ! I bought the 205 in 2000  or so from an art school student who was so discouraged after the first year, that he just wanted to get rid of the lot.I did him the favor...

vor 52 Minuten schrieb fotomas:

M6, 35 mm CronASPH1, Fuji Reala

Very nice, fotomas ! Tango ? 

Edited by Kl@usW.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/11/2020 at 7:36 PM, chrism said:

I could not agree more. If I survive the next few months - I am going into hospital for a long-delayed bone marrow transplant next week, Covid-19 willing - I shall be working hard on using up my film freezer's contents. I haven't been up to taking photos or developing films for about 18 months, and I'm getting pretty desperate to press that shutter button! If I can come back, so can Henry!

Best wishes, I hope all goes well with your transplant! And I am looking forward to the results of your freezer emptying! 18 months! You have some catching up to do 😃

• Thanks 1

Just shoot

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Rollei SL66, Zeiss 80/2.8 Planar, XP2 pushed a couple stops.

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 18

Asphalt Divide AP2
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 13

Archeology Shoreline

• Like 13

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Wayne:

Just shoot

Rollei SL66, Zeiss 80/2.8 Planar, XP2 pushed a couple stops.

Lovely little boy, Wayne. The wlf-finder is perfect for the situation... You don't have to look down. And the Rollei seems to work fine. 

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Xícara de Café:

Leica IIIf, Summicron 5cm 1:2, Ilford SFX 200, yellow filter, PMK 1:2:100 11" 24ºC.

the master of form and silhouette has done it again.. 😄

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Stefan2010:

hard to describe the fascination of the mundane subject--is it the color palette, the muscle memory of the situation or what is it ? Eggleston comes to my mind--but this is sure a masterpiece in its own right... 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Suede:

Lunchtime in Cucuron.    [Silvermax 100]

A water cooled place.  I´ve been there--a fascinating place to have a glass...or two. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry, no carrot in that backpack... 

MP; Summarit 2,4/50; Ektar 100

• Like 11
  • Haha 6

Colorado Lagoon Stories No. 12

• Like 16