I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

vor 9 Stunden schrieb philipus:

Speaking of colours, this is from my daughter's sixth birthday :D On the other photos she looks much happier, haha. Shot with the 203FE, 80 Planar and strobe (either the SF-24 or the SB-30) through an umbrella on expired Provia 400X (X1 scan).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Ha ha, this is great! She will love it!

• Haha 1

Am 10.9.2019 um 22:24 schrieb MT0227:

My son goes there.....Washington Square is full of great material.  Do you typically shoot Portra 400 1 stop over (200)?  Do you pull one stop in processing too? 

Yes, your son should have a great time there. Yes, I always shoot the Portra 400 with 200, the same with the processing. It gives you a pastel look which I really like

• Like 1

in the streets of NY with Mister Miller (without Fedora)

Same equipment as above

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Ernest said:

Hanapepe Custom
M-A APO 50 Portra 400

Wonderful frame, great colors ....the details, especially in the chrome and glass, feel like you can reach out and touch them.   50APO looks nice with film.

Edited by MT0227
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, philipus said:

Speaking of colours, this is from my daughter's sixth birthday :D On the other photos she looks much happier, haha. Shot with the 203FE, 80 Planar and strobe (either the SF-24 or the SB-30) through an umbrella on expired Provia 400X (X1 scan).

Pouting Alice in Wonderland--a priceless moment. Love the framing, the selective focus, the riot of carnival color in counterpoint to her fleeting expression--disdain, disdain, "Do we have to do this, now?" Let's get her expression twenty years from now, looking at this shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hahaha great find, Adam. The camera at your eye broadens the head & neck shadow which almost gives an ominous impression. 

Thanks, Philip :) 

Wow, totally agree with Rog.  PRICELESS moment and generations.  Bravo!!!

9 hours ago, Ernest said:

Hanapepe Custom
M-A APO 50 Portra 400

UBER sublime colors, Rog.  And wall-worthy for sure.

8 hours ago, SHenry said:

R7 Camera, R 90mm lens, Fuji Velvia 50, B&W convert, NCPS lab.

Torrey Pines Reserve, CA, USA.

Very interesting conversion, I can detect the highlights from the slide film coming through - very good !

5 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

in the dunes, baltic sea. 

M7, Elmarit-M 2,8/24 Asph; Scala @200

Very good, Klaus!!

4 hours ago, benqui said:

Shadow on the wall

M6, Portra 400 (with ISO 200), Zeiss 2.8/35

These two are fantastic, Marc.  Classic Chinatown :)

4 hours ago, benqui said:

in the streets of NY with Mister Miller (without Fedora)

Same equipment as above

50 minutes ago, man:men said:

And here comes another Negative-Disaster out of my stock

very good!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MT0227 said:

Wonderful frame, great colors ....the details, especially in the chrome and glass, feel like you can reach out and touch them.   50APO looks nice with film.

Thanks for the read, Marc. Yes, I am an APO 50 fan and glad to have one, though I suppose I abuse it as a turnstile to ADOX imploding grain, so I pull back to the part-time sanity of E100 and Portra.

57 minutes ago, man:men said:

That we should all suffer the calamity of such "Negative-Disasters"--bring it on. Happy, happy, happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, A miller said:

There's nothing like trying to execute on a vertical pano in pitch black darkness waiting for the sun to rise.  But thanks to the headlight that @MT0227 caused me to buy I was able to get everything perfectly level and in place in advance of the onset of dawn  :)

Sunrise, Dead Sea, Ektar, Technorama, 90mm

By the way, the format of this makes a wonderful wallpaper for an iPhone, particularly anything X or later 😉

A foot-stomping "Yes!" to your vertical panos--we need MORE MORE Miller vertical panos, especially NYC.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, A miller said:

There's nothing like trying to execute on a vertical pano in pitch black darkness waiting for the sun to rise.  But thanks to the headlight that @MT0227 caused me to buy I was able to get everything perfectly level and in place in advance of the onset of dawn  :)

By the way, the format of this makes a wonderful wallpaper for an iPhone, particularly anything X or later 😉

Great stuff my friend.....that little light does come in real handy at times.....love this composition,  many levels to hold your attention top to bottom.

• Thanks 1

IIIf, Summaron 3.5cm 1:3.5, Kodak ProImage 100.

Edited by Xícara de Café
  • Like 16

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Xícara de Café:

Three separate monochrome shots taken on a tripod with red, green and blue filters and re-composed as an RGB image in Gimp. Nikon F2 Photomic, Nikkor-S Auto 50mm 1:1.4, Kodak Tri-X 400, Kodak D-76 1:1.

very interesting. I understand the technical background, but didn't expect such a nice outcome

vor 19 Stunden schrieb A miller:

A vanishing road leading to Jordan (or maybe not all the way - i didn't walk the whole thing :) )

Dead Sea

Velvia 50

Technorama 617siii

90mm Schneider Super angulon XL

Polarizing filter

Center Filter

You are doing wonders with that Technorama , Adam. 

vor 19 Stunden schrieb philipus:

a really great portrait, just perfect. 

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Ernest:

Hanapepe Custom
M-A APO 50 Portra 400

vor 5 Stunden schrieb man:men:

one of the pleasures of film-photography: the unexpected . Even more so, if it is unexpected good. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb A miller:

Wonderful Adam, I love the ripples in the foreground. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Ernest:

Hanapepe Custom
M-A APO 50 Portra 400

Rog, some hundred posts earlier in this thread, you wrote something about "ruins"  in art and why they fascinate us.....This is, beyond the fascination  of decay, a wonderful coincidence of structures, forms, surfaces and colors--the lively colors defying the apparent rot... 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Xícara de Café:

IIIf, Summaron 3.5cm 1:3.5, Kodak ProImage 100.

As always: a bold composition, narrow framing, very good. I like the almost monochromatic colors-only the tiny piece of green giving away the color-film

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Autumn approaches

MP Summicron 50/2 Delta 100

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Kl@usW. said:

very interesting. I understand the technical background, but didn't expect such a nice outcome

Thanks for your comments Kl@us. There was a slight breeze when I took this, moving different leaves to varying degrees in each filtered shot. So the colour separation is more subtle and varied than it might have otherwise been with hand held shots in producing blue, magenta and green shadowing.

Edited by Xícara de Café
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1