I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm posting this photograph mainly to illustrate the one major disadvantage to rangefinders, parallax error. When I looked through the viewfinder the window on the other side of the building was exactly centered in the closer window.

However, posting on this forum I'm preaching to the choir aren't I? :lol:

M2, Dual Range 50mm Summicron, Ilford FP4.

I totally agree. I personally find extremely difficult using objects to frame other objects with a rangefinder. Here’s two examples shot with the M6 where I lost the symmetry of the framing. When I want symmetry and geometry, I find an SRL to be much easier to use, of course.

M6, Summicron 35 asph, Fomapan 400

2a293bd46ac029c5fb9acec9cdebe7e8.jpg

96b386608328d9d9c55618f375323861.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 14

I'm posting this photograph mainly to illustrate the one major disadvantage to rangefinders, parallax error. When I looked through the viewfinder the window on the other side of the building was exactly centered in the closer window.

However, posting on this forum I'm preaching to the choir aren't I?  :lol:

attachicon.gifSheet090_004.jpg

Maybe not exactly what you had envisioned, but I actually like it framed this way.

• Like 2

I recently saw this video of a guy who purportedly took a selfie video with a passing train racing by and got too close :o .... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCrdx2ea9gE

It made me think of this one :)

NYC

Portra 400

M-A, 28 elmarit pre-asph

I love your street photos Adam and your style

Superb color

Adam you dev yourself or you give to a lab ?

You save in TIFF like Steve ?

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/281618-film-processing/?p=3459813

Stitching them up

attachicon.gifEmballage.jpg

T-Max 400

Pritam nice b&w tone and well done

Some Provia 100 through the 80 Planar with one of the tubes, forget which one.

Flickr

Philip wonderful color of Film ...I see it's Provia

However, posting on this forum I'm preaching to the choir aren't I?  :lol:

attachicon.gifSheet090_004.jpg

Mike it's nice for me , b&w tone is superb

Shang-Hai snowy day, Tri-X Leica R6.2 60mm Elmarit Macro --

Very nice b&w picture Steve

and a little more Hong Kong ....

Beautiful color in this picture Steve

Thanks for sharing All

Best

Henry

• Like 4

Light in the yard

attachicon.gif05A18-24.jpg

M6, Summicron 50, Kodak Farbwelt 200 Klassik, C41 self

Frank beautiful

I don't think I've posted this one before. From last spring up on the downs near Oare. Only about 8 weeks until spring gets going again this year.

Portra 400 and 28 Summaron-M.

28240477139_c841b7804e_b.jpg

A quite different time of the year. Fuji 400H Pro and 28 Summaron-M.

40024453571_4fc768d052_b.jpg

Ian glad you keep shooting color

Superb  pictures and color

25317075847_4dabbd6a3a_b.jpgWall, wire, art. by W P_, on Flickr

Made me think of the Berlin Wall memorial I visited last weekend.

Kiev II, 50mm 2.0 Sonnar (Soviet edition), Svema Color 120

Wayne superb color and picture too

An analogue memory from the Faroe Islands.

This image may need some explanation... For quite some years I brought two Mamiya 7 bodies with me, one loaded with colour film and the other with infrared film. Mounted on a tripod, using the same lens and same lens settings - including sufficiently large dof for both visible and ir-light - two closely matching images are captured. The images are then (manually) stacked in photoshop, easier said than done, this one..., and after some blending and layer adjustments and similar exercises, a quasi-coloured infrared image emerge.

The end result vary from the most boring to more interesting. Personally I like this one, taken on one of the rare sunny summer days on the Faroe Islands (apologise for any Faroe readers, but a sunny day is not the rule in the midst of the northern North Atlantic). Personally, I like the mix of the dramatic sky (from the ir-capture), the greenish tint from grass moving in the wind (from the colour capture, obviously) and the characteristic Faroe sea/fjord/mountain landscape.

The procedure is interesting in that you hardly know what to end up with. The hit rate obviously increases after repeated error & trial, but it is still hard to know what the computer will bring forward.

But fun it is...

Mamiya 7 with 43mm. Fuji Provia 100 + Maco IR 820c w B+H 092-filter.

(And yes, you can of course follow a similar procedure with digital captures. But my preference is for film.)

Beautiful color and picture Helged

Best

Henry

• Like 4

This shot was taken during the New Year's Eve in 2005. A friend of mine and I were skiing to a glacier on the western coast of Norway (Folgefonna). We didn't manage to reach the top-most cabin due to very strong wind (close to hurricane force) and low temperature (-15 deg C or thereabout). Luckily, we managed to reach a small cabin, 2 km or so, from the top-most cabin. We stayed at this cabin for one and a half day, waiting for the storm to pass. We were both afraid that the cabin could be blown away. Quite scary, actually. At sunset the second evening (about half past three, local time), the sun showed up for a short time. I jumped out of the sleeping bag, put the skiing booths on, and ran out. I managed to take a few pictures, standing in lee of the cabin. I remember that the shutter speed was low, possibly 1/10 to 1/15 sec. One picture was fine, the others were blurred. A few moments later, the sun was gone, and we were left with darkness and wind. The weather improved during the night, so the following morning we could ski to the top-most cabin.

Mamiya 7II, 43mm, Fuji Provia 100, handheld at shortish shutter speed. Wet-scan on an Epson flatbed V850. 

While not wanting to make comparisons, for this photograph stands head and shoulders on it own right for the composition and the gorgeous light I'm reminded of Galen Rowell and like me he would give it ten points.

• Like 5

I totally agree. I personally find extremely difficult using objects to frame other objects with a rangefinder. Here’s two examples shot with the M6 where I lost the symmetry of the framing. When I want symmetry and geometry, I find an SRL to be much easier to use, of course.

M6, Summicron 35 asph, Fomapan 400

2a293bd46ac029c5fb9acec9cdebe7e8.jpg

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/281618-film-processing/?p=3459813

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Antonio I like this picture for framing

Nice b&w tone of Fomapan

Best

Henry

• Like 1

I know we have a few motorcycle fans among the thread members (GS Gary where are you?) so here's one for you:

Royal Enfield

40179506612_5ca64d22d5_b.jpg

Flickr

40/4 CFE Ektar

Philip superb bike and superb yellow of film

About GaryGS ,  the second gentleman Gary , he has already abandoned us for the dark side

You know what I mean

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 4

Llynnau Cregennen, North Wales ....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Fuji GA645Zi,  Lomo Colour 400

• Like 15