I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

That's an interesting exercise Philip - I prefer the first because of the blurry people - they, by conventional wisdom, should be the main subject, but as you've focussed on the screen, they become a colourful impressionist wash, and we're left to work out for ourselves what is going on. Thanks for that pairing.

Edited by stray cat
  • Like 1

I was gonna say that I can't se the photos!

Sorry, my picture:

p914605963-5.jpg

But now I do, and they are great!  Love the rendition and moments that you've captures with these kids.  Your collection of these gems is vast and hopefully you will showcase them coherently for all to see.

My apologies. I have an annoying habit of reloading slightly better scans onto my Zenfolio account, so that the older picture disappears from these posts. I promise I won't touch it again now, honest:

This is another from 1987. I never paid this particular picture any attention - it has never been printed nor scanned, and has just sat in its negative sleeve for the past thirty years. But now that I take a closer look, I quite like it:

Aswan, Egypt 1987

Canon F1, FDn 50mm f1.4, FP4

Neil- this is wonderful.  So much going on.  The water is sublime.  Not sure whether that is snow or just some IR effect on the greens.  The trees are very well details and the trees in the background have loads of rich dark tones.  Very nice!

Ive been riding past this pond everyday for the last week and today I made an effort to go and shoot it with my Chamonix 45F2..............glad I did

4x5 Ilford Delta 100 Developed in LC29 using my new method

Neil

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

But now I do, and they are great! Love the rendition and moments that you've captures with these kids. Your collection of these gems is vast and hopefully you will showcase them coherently for all to see.

Neil- this is wonderful. So much going on. The water is sublime. Not sure whether that is snow or just some IR effect on the greens. The trees are very well details and the trees in the background have loads of rich dark tones. Very nice!

Thanks for the feedback Adam. It does look like snow but it’s Phuket Thailand so no snow here.

I took it right on sunrise so you know how that can effect the look.

I shot a few still life flowers today. I will post them up later

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ive been riding past this pond everyday for the last week and today I made an effort to go and shoot it with my Chamonix 45F2..............glad I did

4x5 Ilford Delta 100 Developed in LC29 using my new method

Neil

Love the effects of the reflections in the water.

Contax IIa, Sonnar 1:1,5/50 mm, Kodak EliteChrom

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

This is such a natural-looking portrait. Very nice indeed.

But now I do, and they are great!  Love the rendition and moments that you've captures with these kids.  Your collection of these gems is vast and hopefully you will showcase them coherently for all to see.

Thank you sincerely, Philip and Adam.

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

A Lily day with my Chamonix 4x5 with Ilford Delta 100

• Like 10

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Chamonix 4x5.............Initally I thought this was going to be an okay location but in reality it just looks to busy for my licking

Neil

• Like 16

Neil - This one has lovely contrast but I would expect to see richer detail in the whites with the larger film size.  You might try a gentler hand at the editing, unless there is simply no information in the negative (which I would think is not the case)

A Lily day with my Chamonix 4x5 with Ilford Delta 100

I'd give bottom third of this image an 11 out of 10.  But the top 2/3 a WTF :)  Looks like two completely different images!  Is there a way that you can tame the bright tones in the top 2/3s?  The bottom third is soooo dreamy!

Chamonix 4x5.............Initally I thought this was going to be an okay location but in reality it just looks to busy for my licking

Neil

Blue collar - NYC  (last month  :))

M-A, 50 DR cron, Portra 400

Edited by A miller
  • Like 15

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Neil - This one has lovely contrast but I would expect to see richer detail in the whites with the larger film size. You might try a gentler hand at the editing, unless there is simply no information in the negative (which I would think is not the case)

I'd give bottom third of this image an 11 out of 10. But the top 2/3 a WTF :) Looks like two completely different images! Is there a way that you can tame the bright tones in the top 2/3s? The bottom third is soooo dreamy!

the middle to the top was blown out so nothing to get back from the middle rock. I burned that at 100% and still got nothing back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Contre Jour

Agfa Ambi-Silette, Agfa 35mm 4.0 Color Ambion, Fuji Superia 100 (No Filters)

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 11

m6, kodak portra