I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

You have to realize there is more than one 120 format. Are you scanning 645, 6x6, 6x9, 6x12, 6x18? The holders have to be a compromise that will accommodate all.

And it's not just the negative size, but also the spacing between them that can vary from camera to camera, even those of the same nominal format. This used to drive me nuts in the days when I did 120 film on the Nikon 9000 with VueScan, until Ed Hamrick kindly pointed out the Input/Frame Spacing box that allows you to enter the spacing in millimeters. At least that shouldn't bother you with the V750.

• Like 2

All this talk recently of scanners and stuff reminded me to do something about mine. I'll spare the details but here is the first off the thing. An uncorrected scan from a print...

Michaela.jpg

501C - 150mm Sonnar - Ilford HP5 in Spur HRX

Gorgeous shot!

Photographic paper reacts differently to film than scanners. I find that I'm really attracted to print scans vs negative scans. I would personally go that way if it was practical, but unfortunately I don't have a darkroom anymore and custom made prints at my pro lab are prohibitively expensive.

All this talk recently of scanners and stuff reminded me to do something about mine. I'll spare the details but here is the first off the thing. An uncorrected scan from a print...

attachicon.gifMichaela.jpg

501C - 150mm Sonnar - Ilford HP5 in Spur HRX

Fantastic portrait, it's almost possible to see the person's soul. A clear distinction between the average and the great.
  • Like 1

"cameras to take"?

Not just lenses to take.

Numbers of, and time with cameras taken is inversely proportional to time with wife!

Perhaps your wife should just send you and the cameras for a romantic three nights i New York   :wub:

Her plans include shopping, mine don't, it will work out quite well. :)

Cameras will depend very much on the weather and the final decision will be made closer to the time. :)

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Random shot of a guy and his dog at the Patriot Prayer rally in Seattle in August. The dog was shaking and probably scared of all the people in the street. Ciao.

M6, Summicron 35 asph, HP5 pushed to 1600 in HC-110 dil B

37848886011_3bfded5020_b.jpg

20170904-img250 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

I love this photo. It looks like a rat terrier. Not a well defined breed- and not even recognized by AKC, I think- but a superb breed. If it was shaking, it may well have been due to the fact that it had spotted a small rodent...........or at least something suggesting a small rodent. My Sally, a rattie, would make me chuckle as I watched her, watching squirrels, through the window. You could see the trembling from across the room.

Best,

Wayne

I have a default camera/lens/film combination that I take everywhere for everything - unless I know for certain that a different camera, and/or lens, and/or film will better serve for the particular outing. It simplifies things a lot.

• Like 4

I've been following this thread for quite a while now, it's definitely one of the best.  Perhaps this is why I haven't posted before, I'm still finding my feet with film photography.  Recently I bought a new pair of jeans and the shop in London alters them if needed.  I couldn't resist taking a few photos.

MP 35FLE Tri-X.  Home dev / scan in Xtol.

• Like 2

I love this photo. It looks like a rat terrier. Not a well defined breed- and not even recognized by AKC, I think- but a superb breed. If it was shaking, it may well have been due to the fact that it had spotted a small rodent...........or at least something suggesting a small rodent. My Sally, a rattie, would make me chuckle as I watched her, watching squirrels, through the window. You could see the trembling from across the room.

Best,

Wayne

Nice! My red poodle Rocco only shakes when I'm opening a wet food can ...

M6, Canon 50/1.4 LTM, FP4

26214130749_8eb5bec299_b.jpg

Rocco by antoniofedele, on Flickr

• Like 9

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

• Like 14

• Like 16

• Like 19

• Like 17

Sorry, User error...

MP, 35FLE, Tri-X.  Xtol and home scan.

• Like 17

• Like 18