Do you think I should get the shutter speed recalibrated?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A little bit stupid. I almost fell over when I was taking a photo last month and the camera hit my head, fortunately no blood was shedded. However the plastic tip on the advance level is cracked, which I am not too worried about.

The question is that do you experts think I should get the shutter speed recalibrated? That roll of slides looks fine to me.

If you see no problems in the slides, your camera is likely just fine. I've beaten up M cameras for decades and never had a shutter suddenly go out of standard. A tune of the shutter speeds every three years was adequate to keep them well. I would be more concerned about rangefinder mishaps, but you seem to be okay in that regard, too.

Enjoy!

Hello Iphong,

Welcome to the Forum.

That is good advice from Pico.

Except: If you don't use your "M" as much as Pico does (Quite a lot. Sometimes under adverse circumstances.) then your "M" might not need to be serviced as often as his "M's" do.

Some "M's" go for many years without service & continue operating flawlessly.

Once you get to know your shutter & range/viewfinder they will tell you when they need to be cared for.

By the way: The only silly question is the one you don't ask. Everyone started learning about everything they know about by asking the same questions.

The silly part is the NOT asking.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht