Playing old lens with Leica

JeffoJeffo

Thanks! Just posted this elsewhere, but it fits here, too. My notes say this was with my 35mm Summicron, but the EXIF says otherwise - it looks like my collapsible 50mm 'cron to me.

5519740605_e69d6f294b_z.jpg

L1001517.JPG by COOP666, on Flickr

Very nice....B&W. Great catch of both. The expression of the puppy is so cute.

This is the issue with old lens....our camera won't reconized it. What I do now is before I change any lens, I take a photo of it first. Otherwise I will totally lost later...

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

J

Jeff,

I've just happened upon this thread filled with such superb photos! I can't imagine where you you managed to find this enormous range of exotic lenses but you are certainly putting them to excellent use and giving some ageing lenses a new lease of life.

When the forum was re-structured yesterday Admin (Andreas) created sub forum for lenses* so I started a thread called The View Through Older Glass, which is essentially trying to do the same as you are, showing pictures from older lenses to explore the differences from photos shot through modern lenses.

Firstly, I invite you (and the other posters) to post your wonderful photos in the other thread and secondly, I wonder whether you feel it's a good idea to ask one of the Moderators to combine both threads into one and put it in the Lens sub forum where it will be more visible?

Pete.

*It's currently called "Leica M Lenses" but I've asked Andreas to rename it to just "Lenses" to cover screw mount lenses, R lenses, S lenses, and Zeiss, Voigtlander etc.

Hi Pete,

Thank you viewing this thread n of course I can post in your thread. Perhaps you can ask Admin combine mine to yours. I have no problem n delighted to continue post more old lenses with digital n film photos. It's a great way to show how are these exotic lenses can offer us with the latest technologies.

Cheers,

Jeff

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks, Jeff, I absolutely agree. The more we can learn about the rich legacy of lenses that is available and resurrect 'forgotten' lenses the better. I'll ask the Mods to combine the threads and to leave a link so that others who have been following can find the combined thread.

Pete.

• Like 1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

5cm elmar rs / apx 100 / adox 100

• Like 1

Ross Xpress 3" F1.9 + S2 ~~morning garden shots.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...