''shutter fault'' advice please..

shootinglulu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, I would be grateful for any advice..

Today I took a picture (in single picture mode) but the shutter fired five times in quick succession and then "shutter fault' was displayed. (no extra pictures were taken)

I continued using the camera, it seems to be working normally again, so far.

Should it be sent away for repair or was my camera ''just having a Leica moment''? as my partner suggested.

I'm taking part in a photography workshop in Egypt in early March and now I'm worried about taking my M9..If it goes to Solmes it may not be back in time.

Many thanks.

Very odd behaviour! As the camera self-recovered, I would just be watchful rather than rush into sending it to Solms. Often these spurious faults are difficult to replicate on a test bench and time would be wasted.

I had this happen today, Shooting out in the snow. It self corrected and I have shot another 100 photos since. Same symptoms as yours. I have about 10,000 shutter actuations on this body, so it's still newish. But I have another year on the warrantee... but we will see.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

"Shutter faults" have been discussed several times here on the forum. Two times my M8.2 was sent back to Solms within its time of guarantee. The technicians told me about a lack between digital and mechanical parts. After the 2nd fixing I never got "shutter faults" again any more.