M10p shutter issue?

Samokang

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all,

Recently my m10-p is acting a little weird. 

One morning, I turned on the live view to check the "exposure of the day", the shutter wasn't opening up. (it was working just fine a day before.)

Camera functions just fine when I'm shooting with the rangefinder only. All shutter speed seems working properly with auto ISO, nailing exposure without a problem. 

Sometimes the live view turns on okay after few slow shutter speed (or bulb) shots, but it goes OFF again..

I tried these to know what's working and what's not :

all shutter speeds including bulb shutter (works)

dust detect (works)

cleaning sensor (nope)

Live view (nope)

My camera firmware is 4.22.23.34. and it's been a while i updated to this version..

I don't really know what caused this issue as I'm pretty much babying my camera.. ;_;

Is there anyone having or had the same issue? how did you resolve it?

Edited by Samokang
didn't add a tag

Welcome. It appears to me that the resolution lies with Leica Customer Service. Unfortunately they are labouring under a staff shortage presently so be prepared for a long turnaround.

as jaapv said, it might be best to send it out to Leica for a checkup and will do this in the future as it works perfectly fine with "only using viewfinder" shooting. (or maybe when i need a sensor cleaning.. lol)

I called Leica NJ and asked about approximate inspection/repair turnaround time, they didn't say how much wait time for the inspection, but the current repair time would be about 4 weeks? so if anyone's curious, there's that.

and yup mujk, I tried factory reset too. :)

Thanks all for the input!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sometimes my M10 temporarily refuses to do certain things, like going into liveview, when the battery voltage is too low, typically under really cold conditions. I assume that your operating conditions are normal and that your battery at least seems to be fully charged, but have you tried using another battery? 

What lens are you using? If it is LTM adapted and the adapter has a cutout the LV can switch off.
If the lens is not used via adapter I would just switch the LV on and off repeatedly in hope it will start working normal again.
If the latter fails... off to Leica-ho.

• 2 months later...

I tried with 35mm f2.8 summaron with goggle, 50mm f2.8 elmar, 50mm f2 rigid, 40mm f2 summicron-c and yet no luck.. 🥲

I tried resetting the camera, format sd card, change sd card, even not put a sd card in and turned on the liveview, still not working. (Maybe i tried something else too, but can’t remember at the moment..)

I talked with leica about this matter, they’re not sure why this is happening and want me to send the camera in for a checkup & possible repair. However, i can’t send the camera in at the moment, so once i do send it and get it checked up, i’ll update here on post.