London meet

viramati

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All - just to get back on track - is anybody still interested in a meeting on Sunday Lunch Time the 27th of November? Is that still on? I got confused with all the other activities suggested for Frdiay and Saturday - thanks, Ernst.

Ernst,

Yes it all became a little confusing. The Sunday lunchtime meeting at the Norfolk Arms is still on.:)

Currently the confirmed attendees are:

Bartok

Eshlogelhofer

Lanetomlane +1

Michael_Boylan

Pyotr

Red Dot Cameras +1

Theno23

Viramati

Me

I'll ask the Norfolk Arms to expect a dozen of us. If you're reading this, intending to turn up, but don't appear on the list then please reply to this post so I can let the N.A. know.:) Thanks.

Pete.

Edited by farnz

Thanks, Nick.

It's up to you. I'll arrange to be at Ritazza in Euston station at 10 am as a meeting point if anyone wants a focal point for shooting before lunch.

After lunch is to be determined individually on the basis of lunch settling, alcohol consumption, the weather, the natural inertia brought about by the presence of good company and the tendency towards temporary transitory dormancy as a result of being found warm, well-fed and with glass in hand.:roll eyes:

Pete.

Yes it all became a little confusing.

Apologies for causing any confusion.

Appears that there's little interest in the Magnum activity anyway, so I'll conclude that arrangements for an organised meet on Friday & Saturday are abandoned and allow paths to cross by chance. Regards. :)

Edited by Rolo
  • Like 1

Thanks, Nick.

After lunch is to be determined individually on the basis of lunch settling, alcohol consumption, the weather, the natural inertia brought about by the presence of good company and the tendency towards temporary transitory dormancy as a result of being found warm, well-fed and with glass in hand.:roll eyes:

Pete.

What the hell you talkin' about Pete?

Cheers, Tom

ZZZZZzzzzzzz .... :D

Pete.

Sorry Pete; couldn't resist.

I've looked at the train timetable and we can get into Kings Cross at 10:01am. Looking at the map Euston is only about 10 minutes walk and so we should be there by 10:15am. Is it correct that you aim to leave Euston at 10:30am?

If the train is late or anything I'll give you a call on your mobile, Assume it's still the same number as you circulated for the Palermo meeting.

Look forward to catching up with you Sunday.

Cheers, Tom

Sorry Pete; couldn't resist.

I've looked at the train timetable and we can get into Kings Cross at 10:01am. Looking at the map Euston is only about 10 minutes walk and so we should be there by 10:15am. Is it correct that you aim to leave Euston at 10:30am?

If the train is late or anything I'll give you a call on your mobile, Assume it's still the same number as you circulated for the Palermo meeting.

Look forward to catching up with you Sunday.

Cheers, Tom

Yes, Tom, same number, 10 minutes walk, and I don't plan to leave until 10.30 but we'll wait for you.

As you come into the main entrance of Euston station and look at the departure board Caffe Ritazza is to your right at the entrance to the so-called food court.

Pete.

• Like 1

Update: the Norfolk Arms is apparently busy on a Sunday so I've had to book a large table (under the pseudonym "Pete":rolleyes:) for us to avoid missing out so it would be a good idea to try to be punctual or places might start 'evapourate'.:cool:

Please note that there are as usual <sigh> engineering works on the tube so the Hammersmith & City and the Circle line aren't running and there are partial closures on others that can be seen here. If this will cause you a problem then you can re-plan your journey here.

The weather's looking promising: 11 degrees with sunny spells according to the Beeb so I hope it will be a pleasant day all round.:)

I look forward to seeing you all there or at Euston Station.

Pete.

• Like 2

Good seeing you all and had a great lunch.

Thanks to the multi-faceted Pete (on the far right of the photo) for organising

Ok it's not taken with a leica but there are lots of leica people and cameras in the shot

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Thank you, from me too. It was a very pleasant meet-up and very good to meet you all.

Andrew

Nice to see you all again, and sorry not to stay for longer.

Here are a couple of my shots - and a link to my blog entry about the day with more:

Rangefinder Chronicles: Sunday 27 November 2011

Thanks Pete for organising, Red Dot for the drinks and everyone for the good company

Nick

• Like 1