London meet

viramati

That's how much the tickets are

Excluding the booking fee, of course... :rolleyes:

Tickets were £45 each yesterday, plus £3 booking fee, from the Magnum directed site.

Presume you've bought yours from a spiv site, if you paid £155 ? Very strange.

Spiv site? cost including the train.

oh, train was £68 First Class, but I'm going down on Friday to the Leica Users Xmas party on Friday night. Louis is organising a pub somewhere near Piccadilly Circus. Not the noisy Dutch Bar.

He kept that quiet ;)

No he didn't, it was VERY noisy last Thursday, when we did the wet run. He was drinking a puffy pink beer. Said he likes the fruity taste. I was on lager.

Hopefully, Ivor will join us on Friday and stand a round. Spy law bring the cheer.

Having an open shoot on Friday afternoon in Covent Garden and Piccadilly. Looking forward to it.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Oh, now I get Andy's private message.

OK, I'll sign up for the day as well. The wife seemed quite excited at the thought of getting me out of the house. Suspicious that.

What is happening on Friday? I totally missed that.

Nothing wrong with fruity beer, An acquired taste.

LouisB

OK, I'll sign up for the day as .

What is happening on Friday? I totally missed that. LouisB

Hoping to spend Friday morning visiting the Magnum, Contacts exhibition.

Then, there will be several Leica cameras roaming around Covent Garden on Friday afternoon. Be nice if anyone who was looking forward to the 'Annual, sorry, I can't make it event' might like to join the walkabout and go for a beer later, or just join us for a beer after work.

Was hoping Louis might identify the pub with his Massive iPhone database of London pubs. :)

Rolo

London pubs are full of trendys drinking strange beer. No, wait, that's me...

There is that pub on St Martin's Lane that everyone normally goes to that has drinks at ridiculously cheap prices and good food. Can't remember the name but I'm sure any of the other London attendees would know.

I'll try and hook up after work.

Louis

The Chandos is indeed a thing of wonder in central London. I almost always pop in if I'm in the area. They do food too.

Surprised that no mention was made of the meeting - even if it was just a "meeting in the Chandos on Friday, if you can make it feel free to come along" type of post - and no, I can't make it <grin>

The Chandos is indeed a thing of wonder in central London. I

Surprised that no mention was made of the meeting <grin>

That's because I made it up just moments before posting it. Several are meeting up for the Symposium and Tri is flying in from Germany on the Thursday, I'm travelling down to meet him on Friday morning, so I thought we could open it up to our London friends. Everybodie's welcome to join us at the exhibition on Friday morning; in Covent Garden in the afternoon, or thanks to Louis, in the Chandos for a beer.

I find it best to just do something and invite others along. Matching diary dates, and no-shows, killed the LUF Manchester meets.

BTW, Leica users still meet up in Manchester at least once a month with attendees always coming from Blackpool, Scunthorpe, Milton Keynes, Huddersfield, Warrington carrying their M2s, M3's, MP's, 6/7/8&9s, and Pentax, Rolleiflex, Mamiyas, Minolta, Fuji X, Ricoh .... Et al. The emphasis is on taking pictures, not displaying gear and dining.

OK, this is a total pain but when I arrived at work yesterday my colleagues were discussing an offsite next weekend. What offsite, I asked? Only to be told the one discussing my particular area of the school and that they'd forgotten to tell me I was going.

This means I am basically out of circulation from Friday evening until Saturday afternoon, after which I will probably want (need?) to go home and crash.

Sorry 'bout that, I was looking forward to seeing everyone.

LouisB