The old 1.162 firmware (changed title)

tuanvo1982

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ive downloaded it and it has unzipped itself, but I have found no way to move it to the SD card. Whatever I try, I get a message that it cannot be opened, although I have not tried to do that.

Just drag it onto the card. Don’t double-click the file.

The basic problem is that they do the corrections in-camera on the RAW file. First of all RAW files should not be modified with lens corrections

You can turn off lens detection. Does it make processing any faster? Does it really matter?

It matters to people in the field who don't want to schlep around another gadget to fix the images.

Here is a quick test of the ZM 21/4.5. I was hoping, but doesn't look too promising. It's a shame since it's a gem of a lens. Small and sharp.

http://thomasrisberg.com/M9/L9993084.jpg

-Thomas

Ah, no. You just discovered Leica's Pavlov feature. It is intended to discourage banal photos and foreign lenses. Turn on the Pavlov bell for an affirmation.

Thanks Steve, but its Stuffit I'm using. Says it can't recognise the file type. So I downloaded the latest version of Stuffit. Same thing.

This is getting really frustrating!

Are you sure it was not automatically unstuffed? If the file extension is .upd, then it's already unstuffed. Just drag the m9-1_162.upd file to the SD card and continue.

They steer you away from Sandisk probably because they don't make enough profit on them, are pig-ignorant, or have only counterfeits.

I'd have to agree on this one. I've used almost nothing but SanDisk for the last decade and haven't had a single issue. Works for me - I'm going to keep using them.

Are you sure it was not automatically unstuffed? If the file extension is .upd, then it's already unstuffed. Just drag the m9-1_162.upd file to the SD card and continue.

To clarify:If you run Snow Leopard, don't use Stuffit. Let Safari unzip it automatically.

Edited by jaapv

Thanks. Yes, it was already unzipped. Purely my own mistake.

Using SanDisk CF and SD cards of different ages, speeds and capacities and never had issues with any of them.

I had other cards fail or malfunction though, which is not sign of a trend as of their low volume and rather cheap make I guess.

If a dealer tells you, that a certain big name flash card maker is crap, I'd first confront the dealer, questioning his reasoning for the advice.

Thnx, downloaded it and installed it.

"Update succesful. Please restart camera now"

Check your battery status, before starting installation.

the topic New M9 firmware within in few days can be shut down.:D

Image numbering continues as before.

I love the liveview option !!!

I have not gotten around to downloading yet, but what is the liveview option??? Sounds great.

Just ask Leica.

No Jaap, it's also a perfectly reasonable question for a community interested in all things Leica.

As I understand, the previous standard M9 firmware was 1.138, correct me if wrong.

Then there were a series of betas, 1.158, 1.160, 1.160 before 1.162.

I'm sure the 80 or so beta testers could shed light on this unless they are silenced by NDA's which would seem silly given the testing period is over. Or is it not?

So where does that leave the M9 Ti firmware, 1.150.

The only difference I can see with the camera is the built-in soft release but I understand the 'soft' option is also available with the standard M9.

There may also be something related to varying the brightness of the framelines illuminator.

Hayden, if you do get an answer from Leica be sure to post.

Regards,

Mark

You guys are amazing. Threads throughout about failures with Sandisk including this one. I note that my dealers have steered me clear to other brands and they have worked without a hitch including this firmware upgrade. And put come the critics. Do you really think o would blindly abide by the dealer? Dealer, who I have known for 20 years, confirms what so many have written on this forum. Combo has made me steer away and I have never had a problem. You guys haven't good for you.