Sign in to follow this  
tuanvo1982

The old 1.162 firmware (changed title)

Anyone upgraded, and not lost their settings? ie saved profiles for different non coded lenses?

(asking this before I upgrade!)

Thanks, John

So now that it's out... Can the beta testers provide a little more insight into what's going on in this release? Leica's list of improvements are naturally, a little terse.

FWIW, I just installed it - went smoothly. Image numbering was NOT reset this time.

Anyone upgraded, and not lost their settings? ie saved profiles for different non coded lenses?

(asking this before I upgrade!)

Thanks, John

Profiles stay. No needed to define them again.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thnx, downloaded it and installed it.

"Update succesful. Please restart camera now"

Check your battery status, before starting installation.

the topic New M9 firmware within in few days can be shut down.

Image numbering continues as before.

I love the liveview option !!!

Edited by Paul Verrips

Well done to you all.

My computer can't even unzip the file, says it can't recognize the file type. What did you use?

All good my end. Pretty simple install all in all.

Is it me or is the start up time much quicker? It seems faster to me. Is the rendering of the photos on the screen from pixellated mess to squelchy mess faster too? It seems a tiny bit faster to sharpen.

Looking forward to stumbling on some improvements as I use it over the next few days. Wonder if there are any easter eggs? ;-)

All good my end. Pretty simple install all in all.

Is it me or is the start up time much quicker? It seems faster to me. Is the rendering of the photos on the screen from pixellated mess to squelchy mess faster too? It seems a tiny bit faster to sharpen.

Looking forward to stumbling on some improvements as I use it over the next few days. Wonder if there are any easter eggs? ;-)

What did you use to unzip the file? My Mac says it can't recognize the file and I can't get it unzipped.

Thanks.

What did you use to unzip the file? My Mac says it can't recognize the file and I can't get it unzipped

Stuffit - available for free from the App Store - or online.

There's a better unzipper than Stuffit, but I can't remember it's name - I'm away from my desktop. It handles self extracting Windows EXE files that Stuffit won't expand.

Stuffit - available for free from the App Store - or online.

There's a better unzipper than Stuffit, but I can't remember it's name - I'm away from my desktop. It handles self extracting Windows EXE files that Stuffit won't expand.

Thanks Steve, but its Stuffit I'm using. Says it can't recognise the file type. So I downloaded the latest version of Stuffit. Same thing.

This is getting really frustrating!

Successful update for me. I unzipped the file in Mac OS X 10.6. Upgrade went smoothly. Kept all my profiles and settings. I am a happy camper.

Thanks Steve, but its Stuffit I'm using. Says it can't recognise the file type. So I downloaded the latest version of Stuffit. Same thing.

Are you sure the file has a .zip extension? If it's .upd then the system has already unzipped it.

Are you sure the file has a .zip extension? If it's .upd then the system has already unzipped it.

Ah!

Its a upd - does that mean its safe to upload to the camera?

Thank you so much.

This is getting really frustrating!

:-) you do not have to open it... My mac unzipped it automatically and I just moved the *.upd file to the SD card...

All went fine.

R Christian

Its a upd - does that mean its safe to upload to the camera?

Yes, put it in the root directory of a card and follow the instructions.

My Mac isn't set up to automatically unzip files, but I know it's quite common for zips to be automatically unzipped.