2011 Forum Member Meeting in Zingst (June 2nd - 4th)

• 4 weeks later...
is there a way to get there using a ferry from copenhagen? thinking of coming from ny, and could fly to hamburg or berlin and then train and car .... but a ferry is a nice way to travel that time of year.

You can go by train (and a short ferry ride) from Copenhagen to North East Germany (Oldenburg (Holst)), but its not near Zingst.

There is a ferry from Gedser to Rostock (closer to Zingst) but you need a car to use this ferry (according to directferries.com) and the ferry journey is less than 2 hours.

Unfortunately, this year I will miss the meeting. I liked the meeting last year in Zingst and felt it had a lot more to offer than Hessanpark - hopefully next year!

• 2 weeks later...
is there a way to get there using a ferry from copenhagen? thinking of coming from ny, and could fly to hamburg or berlin and then train and car .... but a ferry is a nice way to travel that time of year.

DSB Train+ Bus to Gedser - ferry to Rostock- train (DB) to Barth- Bus to Zingst.

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

thank you all for the helpful responses. unfortunately offsite meeting for work that weekend has been scheduled. not sure if you have these team building exercises in europe, we do in the us and i am of the age where i believe that whenever work infringes on my weekend, as it often does, it is an exercise but not in team building. :eek: