18 september, Breda, netherlands

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I was with my wife in Russia, she organized a cheap art festival in her birth town Tver

The festival of cheap art on Vimeo

On her question if something like this is possible in the Netherlands, I said "ofcourse". So from one came th other (as we say in holland) and we will organize a similar event on 18/9 in Breda. These days it is also the well known Breda Photo festival, so another reason to come by

Intention is to have artists from photographers to musicians etc etc to make themselves visiable/audible. So you can come and show your work too.

Times and exact location and more detail will follow...

any information can be requested from cabreda@xs4all.nl

haha, de wassertett IS involved...will talk to them tomorow for details :D

also kop, electron en bloos have been asked to particiate in a way they like

st Joost is still closed due to hollidays

School is closed, but most of the working people there are already back to work. My girlfriend works at the administration, and she is at work (so she tells :D)

here are more details:

Art must be free. For this reason we organise on the 17th in Breda the 1st cheap art festival: A free space for creative thinkers, a gathering of the free idea. Whatever you have: photographs, your own book made on the home printer, paintings, a couple shows old shoes, come and show it. Or you want simply to do something: blow soap bubbles, paint on T-shirts, make music, dance, come and do it. Or have to you share something: poems, tales, knowledge, come and share it. We make a festival for the free spirit, without programme, for friends and everyone interested. Now you do not need to go to galleries or editors in a desperate attempt to show something, here everything is possible. No rigid moderators, critics or editors, it is a spontaneous meeting of to same minds, to break through elitist barriers. A social meeting, no art market, to show the public how particular and varied art can be. We challenge everyone to come as much as possible with cheap objects, made of reused of simple materials. Or to do or make something on site.

From late afternoon till late in the evening

Information: cabreda@xs4all.nl

Reinier de Vlaam, Irina Popova

• 2 weeks later...