First pic with M9

nowherean

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Got my M9 after long debate. Still wondering if I can justify the price. So far I'm paranoid about dropping / loosing / damaging it, etc. Wondering if I should keep it. Great system, but a bit too noisy at high ISO speeds for such an expensive system, and while the lenses are fast, I still wish I had cleaner files for those nocturnal photos. I guess you can't have it all. Manual focusing is not that easy after all. I hope in time it gets easier. Well enough blah blah, here is my first photo that I'd like to share with you :)

Edited by stuny

Nice picture and welcome. Give it some time and remember that it is not, of course, all things. I loop a strap around my wrist when out shooting and that is it. It feels secure that way for me. Good luck.

Arthur -

Welcome to the Forum, and this image is quite striking. However, it is far too large for Forum rules. In the future please stick within the rules (which are kindest to the members without broadband Internet access and without huge screens), and limit your image size to no larger than 960 pixes on a side, and files sizes to no larger than 390kb. I'm reducing this image to meet standards. Chances are my doing so from your flickr image will degrade it. Send a clean, smaller image to me (stuart.nordheimer@opco.com) and I will replace my version with it.

Arthur, welcome.

I share your sentiments. I treated mine like a baby until I dragged it along to India, Beirut, Turkey, Ethiopia and Peru with me. It's got some severe brassing on it too (not deliberate I might add). For once I feel it is simply a tool and I am enjoying it immensely.

The beauty of the M cameras, including the M9, is that it looks like an old school camera, and people who are not into gear believe it when you tell them that. Well at least that has worked for me so far.

Have fun with yours! :)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

the hardest part is facing the fact that theres a learning curve even if youve been shooting non leica,

ranger finder for years.

after crossing that bridge its pratice pratice, then its love!

looks like from the first image your off to a good start though. this is funny, and i doubt you would have

"seen"it with a dslr.