So have we seen this defect before?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'd send a mail with the files to Solms, just to make sure, if I were you.

Hey Jaap--anyone you recommend in Solms? I've always worked through Kindermann here in Canada, and they go right to NJ.

PM me if you don't want to tell publicly. I must say it's weird that it's now working just fine with a different Sandisk 4GB SD HC card.

I have one more Hoodman to try as well. Maybe it's an isolated card incident... but it's good to check, just to be sure.

I'd think cs <at> leica-camera.com should be just fine. I'll pick up a post from Hoppyman that lists the complete department. I can endorse his opinion for 100%:

I have had superb service from Andrea Frankl at Customer Service there before and some friends have had the same experience.

Address:

Leica Camera AG

Leica Customer Service

Solmser Gewerbepark 8

35606 Solms

Contact person:

Andrea Frankl, Eberhard Jakob, Ursula Brand-Gerheim, Silke Novak, Gabriele Arnold

Phone:

06442 - 208 189

Fax:

06442 - 208 339

E-mail:

cs@leica-camera.com

Edited by jaapv

Hey--

What do you think? Card or M8 (or current 2.004 firmware)?

I just got back from WPPI and I bought some brand-new 4GB Hoodman SDHC cards. I was having trouble with the one Sandisk Extreme SDHC 4GB so I thought I'd try the Hoodman.

These look fine on the M8, but corrupted on the card according to C1. Of course I'll revert back to 2GB non SDHC cards, but I don't think I've ever seen this before...but if anyone else has or has seen a solution, please chime in and let me know!

[ATTACH]192566[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]192567[/ATTACH]

(and yeah, the pix are no greatness or anything, but they sure illustrate the problem. If I was a betting man, I'd say it looked like some weird EMF banding... OTH, the way the M8 writes to the card could be the direct issue).

Hey Jamie

I shoot with a transcend 8gb SDHC card all the time with no hiccups. I doubt if the card is the issue. I would send the camera to Leica N.J. to have them check it out. Might be something simple but it needs working on to verify the source of the problem

Woody