M9 deposit, I'm ready! But with whom?

carlos diaz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am the proud owner of an M8 and have now decided to order the M9. I am ready to make a deposit (I have been told this will usually move you into a prioritized group) but are looking for recommendations for ordering in the United States, where I live.

Before I commit, I am looking for any advise you might offer and yes I am aware of the M9 Delivery Registry.

Thanks for you help!

I have the same feeling as well. I got mine from a small dealer who actually had one in stock! While it may be possible that big dealers like B&H get more shipment from Leica, their waiting lists may be disproportionally longer.

Edited by andybarton

Although I have yet to purchase I went into Dale Photo ( http://www.dalephotoanddigital.com/ ) for a "hands on" and was treated extremely well...I believe they are one Leica's "Preferred” (forgot the exact classification name used, but it is a distinction above and beyond “Normal” Dealers) Dealers as well.

Good Luck.

Agreed! Go with David Farkas regardless of your geographic location.

Cheers,

Agreed! Go with David Farkas regardless of your geographic location.

Cheers,

One more for David. Dale Photo appears to be large enough to get a good supply but small enough for personal attention. I got both of my M9s there and I won't buy new Leica gear anywhere else. David knows his stuff and is passionate about Leica cameras.

I agree with using David at Dale.

Call him and see when he thinks he might be able to supply you. He will tell you.

He requires no deposit!

He gives very personal service.

BTW as I understand it, Leica is saying they are getting three times the orders they expected. Even though their delivery is up to speed, they demand is so huge for them that backlogs will exist for 6-9 more months!

I know of DSLR users who have switched. This demand is good for Leica and so good for us, but not good if you are waiting.

I was lucky and got my Black M9 in early December, about 8-days after getting on a list at:

The PROshop for Photographers, Palm Beach Photographic Centre

417 Clematis Street, West Palm Beach, FL 33401

(561) 253-2605

PROshop for Photographers - Discount Photography Equipment

They are a Leica Shop-in-Shop and had just opened and were very helpful. No deposit was required at that time.

Good Luck

Bob

Do you want to get it soon from a large reputable dealer, or do you want to buy from "a really good guy" and get it who knows when? Absolutely nothing wrong with the latter if you are willing to wait months.

I ordered from B&H and had mine in 4 weeks, as did many others here.

Do you want to get it soon from a large reputable dealer, or do you want to buy from "a really good guy" and get it who knows when? Absolutely nothing wrong with the latter if you are willing to wait months.

I ordered from B&H and had mine in 4 weeks, as did many others here.

Thank you for the advise, as well as the others for offering their perspectives! Another example of what makes this community of photography lovers so essential.

It appears that there has been success with both the large and small retailers and is really a matter of doing the "leg" work to actually find out (if that's possible) who will be getting their stock in soonest! Doe's size of establishment have anything to do with who Leica supplies first?

Additional suggestions appreciated!