M8 with a Olympus 24mm shift lens.

Guest guy_mancuso

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well I thought i would try this just to see if it would work and it does. But there are limits. This is a custom made lens on the mount. The Olympus 24mm shift lens is pretty rare lens and has nice optical qualities and some say one best shifting WA there is, not so sure i would argue that . it is very expensive but what did was have the Mount converted to a leica R lens that i use on my DMR.Than I bought a Novoflex adapter from R to M . So today i tried it on a tripod. Now obviously it is all guess work but the LCD helps. I have to guess at the focusing and sort of the framing also. It's not perfect because of the light but i did a hotizontal stitch which makes the width 6621 pixels after conversion. Panorama freaks rejoice . LOL. I took 3 shots fully shifted to each side with one in the middle. Than merged them in PS with the merge selection. It works

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That's great Guy!

What finder did you use to frame ? I guess that the 'stitched' horizontal fov is something like that of a 12 mm, so maybe the CV 15mm finder on the M8 is fine.

Could you post a crop just to see how sharp the Oly 24 is ?

Guest guy_mancuso

Marco , Jack said it works out to about 18mm on a FF camera , which is pretty darn good. Sharpness i think F11 would be better to use. It does have some CA but I am also not critically focused either . I used the LCD for framing and the finder. Something I have to play with some more also

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

mmm... don't know... those Leica 24 crops you showed from Flagstaff are way way better, this is a bit fuzzy.

Maybe after a bit of sharpening it prints fine, but honestly I expected more.

Is the original different from this jpeg for web ?

Thank you anyway Guy :)