Base Plate for M8

arthurpreston

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I saw a pop-up ad on this site about baseplates, and it made me wonder: "Should I have a spare?" They look pretty solid, but the old rule "if something can go wrong, it will!" might apply. Are they pretty readily available? Do any of you have a spare, just in case something happens?

...and a spare for the spare!

I expect you saw an ad for one of the aftermarket alternative base plates which have doors for the SD and Battery, rather than 'spares'. How many people have ever managed to lose a base plate?

LOL! I have. That is my ad. I have the Leica grip, just can't find the original. jh:confused:

Advertisement (gone after registration)

the lock in my baseplate became very loose to open and close so i unscrewed the wotsit (see attachement) to bend it back a little and make a tighter fit. i think i had not correctly seated it previously before locking the baseplate onto the camera and bent the wotsit. what a mess, there were so many different types of metal and plastic washers in there. anyway i used some thin nosed pliers to bend it back and give it a more "normal" locking feeling fit but i've probably voided the warranty in doing so since some of the paint has chipped off. i feel a bit stupid but at least it locks on and off properly now however i'd like to replace the wotsit if anyone knows how?? my m8.2 will go in for a service soon

I have 2 black M8 bodies, 1 I bought new, the 2nd I bought used, The 2nd one has the M8 grip, as the original owner lost his baseplate. I don't like the grip at all, my right hand "extends" far away from the camera body and when I am focussing a lens with the tab, the fingers of my left hand hits the fingers of my right hand (I have large hands). Is there anyone who wants a black M8 grip who would trade their M8 black baseplate for one? If so, send me a PM and we could arrange a way to trade. Russell