Urbanscape: soft light

thompsonkirk

Hi Kirk.

I'm new here, and your photo is most appealing. There is depth to the image, playing on the perceptions of surfaces and angles. Plus the way tones of like and unlike nature are carried through, almost like themes.

However, I feel that the blues in the distant sky might add more intrigue to the photo if they could be slightly more saturated, and brightened up a little. The aforementioned sense of depth would be even more so, I believe.

Thank you Paul, Virgil, digby, Stuart, Pein, Michael, & Ben, for your comments on this one.

Pein, thank you for looking so carefully. I appreciate your suggestion. The land is already pretty strongly cyan (your note got me to notice that!), but the other parts of the far landscape might be more saturted. I'll give it a try!

Thanks again,

K

PS to DigbyHP: Thank you so much for the heads-up to Jeffrey (not Georffry) Smart. I didn't know his work at all but have found things I really like on the Web. It's hard to view there, so I'll look for a book in the library.

I really appreciate tips like this! And by coincidence, I was just reading Peter Crey's novel 'Theft,' about a fictional Sydney artist.

Edited by thompsonkirk
PS