Seeking house swap my house in Provence for New England - August

wlaidlaw

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am looking to arrange a house swap of my lovely villa in Provence, France for the last two weeks of August for a house in an interesting area of New England. My wife and I are traveling to our daughter's wedding in Baltimore, Maryland and as New England is one of the areas of the USA we have not seen, would like to spend two weeks there afterwards.

My house is just outside the village of Tourtour (officially, one of the most beautiful villages in France Bienvenue - Site officiel de Tourtour ). It has three bedrooms, sleeping 6, although it has a large couch which could be used for one more. It has two bathrooms, one en-suite with master bed. It has a large heated swimming pool, satellite (UK) television, very large sound system, broadband wireless internet, etc.

The house is built on the edge of a 1,000 foot high escarpment and has unbelievable views, looking across the valley of the Bresque towards Mont Victoire, behind Aix-en-Provence. It is an avant garde house built in the 1970's by one of Le Corbusier's pupils, François Patout, as his own retirement home. It has a fully equipped kitchen and both indoor and outdoor barbecues.

It is just over or under an hour to St. Tropez, Nice, Cannes, Grasse, Toulon and Marseille. There are international airports at Nice and Marseille and a few flights into Toulon.

I am only offering this house to members of the Leica Forum and the Porsche Club of America.

Please contact me via PM and we can then swap normal email addresses to exchange further information, photos etc.

Wilson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Wilson:

I live in New Canaan, CT, appr. an hour drive from Manhattan and Hartford and 2.5 hrs to Boston. Baltimore is a 4 hr drive. Our house is 4 BR on 2.1 acres, stone walls, tree lined streets (typical NE) and I am neighbors with Philip Johnson (Glass House).

Rich

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wilson:

I live in New Canaan, CT, appr. an hour drive from Manhattan and Hartford and 2.5 hrs to Boston. Baltimore is a 4 hr drive. Our house is 4 BR on 2.1 acres, stone walls, tree lined streets (typical NE) and I am neighbors with Philip Johnson (Glass House).

Rich

Rich,

I am afraid we have done our trip to the USA this August, following on from my daughter's wedding in Baltimore. We ended up staying in a yacht in Providence RI and then hotels in West Dover VT, The Woodstock Inn, VT and Burlington VT before finishing up in Boston for a few days. Other than getting caught in the tail end of Hurricane Bill, we had a great time. Now that my daughter has bought a house in Baltimore, I guess that will be the destination for our next trips to the USA.

Wilson

I've lived and worked as a furniture/cabinetmaker in Baltimore for 45 years. Where in Baltimore did your daughter buy a house?

Hampden in 38th St W. Her husband is doing his PhD at Johns Hopkins, so very convenient.

Wilson

Wilson - when you come back to visit your daughter - let us know - perhaps coffee or dinner? BTW - the best photoshop ( and only Leica dealer) in Baltimore is Service Photo - right up the street from where you said your daughter now resides, The hopkins campus is delightful in spring and fall. I remember it well from days gone bye:).. Congrats again. Best. Coos

Wilson:

Rich

im just up the road in i know New Canaan fairly well , where is the Philip Johnson Glass House ? is it off Weed Street somewhere ?

Thanks

Rich