M7 + MP continues to be produced in 2009

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I propose you to look and enjoy this film with me :)

and the traduction in english :

"L Camera TV 1 - Leica still produces MP and M7?

Here the first issue of Camera TV

At the end of April we were by invitation with Leica in Solms and had produced the opportunity to satisfy myself in the production that Leica still do LEICA M7 and MP

We are glad if you transmit this video and this side(page) at possibly a lot of places...and to other interested !"

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/special_leica_mp_m7.php?langid=1

Sorry for the German language in this thread but please appreciate the quality of the production of the cameras ! :)

and the proof in this link :

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/nature-wildlife/85246-spring-flowers-trio-m7-90macro-fuji.html

Comments are welcome.

The film did not die

Thanks for looking

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry

James and Twittle,

Thanks for your comment and looking

the link of the video with english subtitles:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/special_leica_mp_m7.php?langid=2

The most important market is Japan !

Why according to you?

Japanese have they understood that the film is better than the digital?

Or do they use both of the 2 cameras M8 and M7 ?

Edited by Doc Henry

Seriously though, great to see the workmanship and time that goes into making these excellent cameras. I don't know why digital converts assume that no one else uses film or would consider buying a new film camera - a few dealers I've asked have confirmed that they sell them regularly.

Seriously though, great to see the workmanship and time that goes into making these excellent cameras. I don't know why digital converts assume that no one else uses film or would consider buying a new film camera - a few dealers I've asked have confirmed that they sell them regularly.

James,

I am the same opinion as you.

I bought 2 M8 with one M7 and I made well (and i also bought a R8) , because the film is still unbeatable at the level of the "material" and of the "consistency" of a photo concerning the colors and in b&w :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mike for looking and for your comment....

I am happy that Leica continue to produce M7 and MP.

I have the intention to buy a MP after my M7 :)

All of you told that MP is a great camera .... and everything is mechanical inside and it is what i like :)

I didn't know that (some of) the parts come from abroad... But never mind, I prefer production this way than through a slavery business in china or somewhere.

In agreement with you but unfortunately some products could come from China....

In agreement with you but unfortunately some products could come from China....

Yeah, I bet it's hard to find any electronics from Europe... But to me it seems that Leica is the less-slaving camera manufacturer. That's already enough to prefer them.

Yeah, I bet it's hard to find any electronics from Europe... But to me it seems that Leica is the less-slaving camera manufacturer. That's already enough to prefer them.

I agree with you ....however it's possible to have inside chinese components in small quantity according to me :D but it depends on the quality of the selection of its components by Leica Solms

What's interesting about the clip I posted is that Andreas Kaufmann seems to imply that film is the superior medium if the decision was left to Leica, but digital is what consumers want.

Thanks Cpclee.

It is an interesting remark and thank you for reminding of it.

I think it's right and i agree with Dr Kaufmann.

Numerical (versus film) comes from the practical side, but after 5 months of use of my 2 M8 and my M7 + R8 , i find that the film still has his place among the photographers who like natural colours or natural black and white with "grain" !

I understand what Nugat had said in this thread :

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/film-forum/86131-surprised-film-after-years-digital.html

Best regards

Henry

The most important market is Japan !

Why according to you?

Japanese have they understood that the film is better than the digital?

Or do they use both of the 2 cameras M8 and M7 ?

I was wondering that too?

Why is Leica so popular in the land of Nikon and Canon? Why are the Japanese choosing Leica?