The One Challenge 2006 - Paris

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Two things -

1. I think Steve's rule change is a damn fine idea. However, if you are shooting digital how do you keep from posting the EXIF data?

2. Anyone who would like to see the shots from the first One Challenge, please drop me a PM. I have a great pdf that was put together by Sam Wells as a momento of the day; I'm happy to email it out.

Regards,

Bill

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two things -

1. I think Steve's rule change is a damn fine idea. However, if you are shooting digital how do you keep from posting the EXIF data?

Regards,

Bill

Are there any formats available that do not record the EXIF data, that can then be saved as jpgs afterwards?

I see Eurostar still has seats for GBP £29 on the early train Saturday morning. Is anyone else thinking of taking that train?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

A casual question drifting through my mind, like most thoughts:) , is are there any 'topics' for this challenge, or are 'portraits' compared to 'landscape' etc? Must the image be recognisably 'in Paris' to substantiate it's inclusion?

Always count on me for awkward questions!:D

Cheers,

Erl

Hi Michael, I'm taking the train out on Friday evening from Ashford, returning on Monday morning. £29 one way and £49 the other. Still a bargain as it musts you at Gare du Nord in the centre of the city.

Erl, it's an open book. You can shoot whatever you like, no restrictions whatsoever other than the Leica one. If it looks like a Parisian shot fine, if it down't that's ok too.

Steve

It was actually the Orangerie in the Tuilleries that we had in mind. (I guess the really "modern" stuff is on the top couple of floors of Beaubourg.) There's also some really nice Monets in the Musée Marmottan (16th).

The Marmattan is well worth a visit for anyone wanting to venture out of the centre.I went there when I lived in the 15th. All the best work is in the basement - easier to keep safe I suppose :-)

The museum I regret not visiting more when I lived in Paris is the Picasso museum in the Marais, then there's the photography museum too - so many places, so little time :-)

I just visited the homepage of the place we'll meet. If we meeet there it's fine but if we are to meet again later at have food ... ahm ... ahm ... could we find a more Paris place?

I personally have NO idea what is available in Paris. My personal preference would be a french café with a great and simple kitchen. Not a posh or expensive restaurant.

Anyway, not to sound groumpy.

Chou seem to be coming as well. Was just on MSN with him. He live in Paris anyway.

My personal preference would be a french café with a great and simple kitchen. Not a posh or expensive restaurant. .

Me too, but could be tricky in the centre of Paris.

I know a very nice Italian restaurant (not expensive) near the Louvre, but that's not quite the same, is it? :)

I chose the pub purely because it was central and it had an open plan room with large table. I agree that it wouldn't be the ideal place to meet for an evening meal. As Parcal mentions, the only problem with booking in advance is knowing the numbers. I know a few restaurants near the venue - the other side of Les Halles - under 30 Euros per person plus drinks but I don't know how they would cope with what could be quite a number of people.

There was a very nice Lyonnaise restaurant on rue St Honore - I used to live a few doors down at 150 - but they were always busy, so I doubt they'd have enough free places.