My first new Leica lens

alifie

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My first post...

It had to come, I have been using Leicas for years and have a fair selection of older lenses, mainly from the '60s along with a few CVs. These are fine but I didn't have a 75 so I got a NEW, brand spanking 75 Summarit. It is a supurb lens, crispy sharp, lovely OOF, flare resistant (why did I get the hood too?) and mechanicaly well made.

As said before I have never had a 75 before, my main lens is a 28/1.9 CV or a 90 'cron (type 1). I find the 75 complements the 28 well but is much sharper, OK the CVs are good probably better than older Leitz offerings. Only one thing for it, a proper Leica 28, oh the expense! is it time to sell the 'lux (latest type) and get a whole bunch of new lenses (given the price of 'luxes now)

Alfie the miss-spelt.

M6 classic

iiig with 1.5 summarit and 90 elamr for going to high tech exhibitions(!) confuses the hell out of them.

iiib, my first Leica

ii an inheritance, oh why can't Leica make someting like this for everyday shooting?

Bessa 3A, faster flash sync

Had some fun sloshing around in the darkroom, proper photography! Here is a pic from the new 75'rit... One of our new kittens.

Delta 400 ID11 8mins

Grade 3 Ilford Multigrade

Looking at the print close up I can say this lens is better than the grain of the film, which I get sharply edge to edge.